JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Interested in fee's paid to have your FFL mail a handgun for you. I am looking at total cost to send a gun to a buyer. In Washington, so I guess I have to use a WA based ( Vancouver ) FFL. I asked one local Pawn shop and they were going to charge me a transfer fee plus mailing cost.

Feeling Butt raped..... just for convenience ( I thought ) I used shipmygun.com. Entered my info and site said Label cost $19.99 , $1 per $100 value = $19.99 + $13 = $32.99. Total came to $53.89 with no explanation of extra $20.90 charge. I decided to just do it so I could get and print a label and get the gun sent tomorrow. NOPE........ After hitting the enter button to complete transaction , I get the next page saying that they are sending me a box and label in the F****ing mail... I also never received a confirmation Via email of receipt of payment. I wholeheartedly do not not recommend this outfit as a shipper of your firearm. I already had the gun boxed and ready to label and ship.

One thing to remember here in Washington state , when shipping a firearm is...
Tax...
I did a straight across trade with a forum member here....so no money changed hands...The rifle came to my FFL and he still charged "sales tax" on my rifle.
To his credit..he looked for the lowest priced version of my rifle for the tax rate..but it still seemed wrong to me to charge "sales tax" , when there was no sale , no money exchanged between the two parties...
I was told by my FFL that the only way around the sales tax is if , the firearm is a gift...something to keep in mind for my next trade....
Andy

You don't have to use an FFL to ship to an FFL - you just can't use the USPS, you have to use a 'common carrier'.

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?
A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

After shipmygun charged my credit card on Friday i have still not received an email confirmation or a reply to my email query. In the meantime the buyer is waiting for me to get his purchase heading his way. I'm not pleased and would be pissed if i was the purchaser. I waited on hold on the phone for over 1/2 hour while being told over and over that i was the next customer to be helped.

My dealer in Oklahoma (maybe I should say me Dad's dealer) shipped two handguns for me for free, flat out refused to take payment. The third time he tried to refuse again, I gave him $40 and told him to take is wife out to dinner on me, he finally took my money.

You don't have to use an FFL to ship to an FFL - you just can't use the USPS, you have to use a 'common carrier'.

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?
A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

Yeah, A UPS hub will ship. When I was new to guns, and naive as hell, cost $70.00 and change to ship a Keltec PF 9 to the Florida factory. For some bizarre reason they make you ship HANDGUNS overnight. They sure smiled a lot while they were robbing me though.

After another 1/2 hour wait on the phone this morning, i finally was able to talk to someone at shipmygun. I found out they cancelled my order for a shipping label with no email explanation or any reason from the person I talked to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top