JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are many people that I have seen on this sight that state something to the effect that I carry "100%" of the time. With that being said, does that include while you are locked in your "castle" or another's home or "100%" while you are away from home? the only places I don't have one are places the I can not have one due to law.
I can say with all honesty that I carry or have a firearm with me 98% of the time including at my own home or homes of friends/in-laws/parents etc.
My kids have to ask me to take off my gun to wrestle etc, and at that point it is laid close by.
I am just kinda curious if there are those that feel safe enough without it in certain situations that you choose not to carry and what those situations entail.

I "carry" whenever I am out of the house, either in a holster or a Bianchi bag. At home, I always have a pistol within arms reach. If I go to the mailbox or walk the dog I am carrying. I have had a carry permit for 6+ years and the VERY FEW times I forgot my weapon I felt naked for the whole day. Not really threatened, but kind of like you left your watch on the coffee table when you were late out the door to work.

I don't live in fear. I just believe the old axiom that I would rather have a gun and not need it than need it and not have it.

I don't live in fear. I just believe the old axiom that I would rather have a gun and not need it than need it and not have it.

I have to agree with this! I live in SE and have a good part of my life. I know what goes on in the "flats" and would rather be ready than not. Not that I am scared, just prepared.

Like Cougfan2 said I pretty much carry all the time.. if Im going to the store i grab my holster (comptac IWB) that has my carry weapon in it and go... I also purchased a Sig P238 for those times when i just don't wish to carry a larger weapon and the 238 fits perfect in my pocket.

24/7, in the house and out. In bed it goes under the pillow. When I'm in the shower it goes on the table next to the shower. Only exception is international travel (which doesn't happen too often) and then I always feel a little weird about not having a firearm on me.

I have to agree with this! I live in SE and have a good part of my life. I know what goes on in the "flats" and would rather be ready than not. Not that I am scared, just prepared.
Ah, the shady SE, me too :s0114: Yep I'm not scared or paranoid, but daang there are some shady, scabby, heinously dental-impared folks around my house... frequent shouting and fighting and up to some pretty apparent 'manufacturing and commerce'... some weird creepy incidents right outside the front door... my little cw9 is always close at hand, in home or out.

Not to mention I walk slooooowly with a cane & do errands on an adult trike!:s0077: So it's not like I'd look to be a difficult target to someone will ill intents. We who carry cross all lines of appearance, politics, etc & I can't tell you how many friends might be shocked that little-smiling-friendly-parkie-me carries, and I don't advertise the fact to anybody('cept here). But it's with me everywhere it's legal to go... I didn't carry in Sea-Tac airport when picking up my Mom, left it with a good buddy in Seattle for our week following up in Bellingham, and I still was often checking for it... felt strange without it.

A while ago at a mall 205 bus stop, a guy got way up in my face saying "man walking like that, you look easy to rob," and I just calmly, nonchalantly
said "you're right, that's why I have a CC permit." He left the area. Rapidly. Hah, and back then I was carrying a Hi-Point c9. Even if it'd been empty I coulda used it like a shillelagh!

ALL the time. Got my CHL almost 8 years ago (at 21), and except for the time I was on duty in the military, I have had my carry piece within arms reach. Not carrying is like driving without a spare tire in my vehicle. I could do it, but why?

I applied for my CPL on my 21st birthday and it was issued 30 days later. I've carried every_single_day since and that was just over 20 years ago. I have made a few day trips to Canada for car shows and obviously left my hardware Stateside (with a friend in Blaine) but I've never been out of my country more than 18 hours since I started carrying. As others have stated if my pants are on I'm carrying my XD45C. If I'm kicking around the house in a kimono, sweats, or whatever it's in a pocket holster. Sitting at my desk right now it's poking out of the opening of the top drawer in a 'holster' made of cardboard and packing tape that's taped to the floor of the drawer. When I'm sleeping it's between my mattress and bed frame. When I'm in the shower it's on the shelf at the end of the tub with a cloth over it to keep it dry. When I go hot tubbing my .45 is in my towel and my Spyderco Civilian is clipped into my trunks appendix carry style so as not to scratch the hot tub. I guess if I took up swimming I'd have to get a stainless Walther TPH and sew a thumb break holster into my trunks! :cool: Once every five years I have to renew my permit and the gun(s) stay in the car at the copshop but I still carry my knives. Once in a great while I have to go to the Post Office and leave all of my weapons in the car. This is the *only* time I'm not armed and I do not like it one bit!

It very nice to see that most that have replied carry all of the time, like myself. I am of the thought that if I have the right, I am going to use it. It just sucks that we have to pay to use a right that we are guarenteed through the constitution!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top