JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"post office"? That's the one place you will need it. Someone may go postal when you are there. :). If there are no detectors or people searching me I carry .

Yeah, I have done it but don't think I will again. That's a Federal beef if you get caught! Even with a pocket knife. I do carry 'other places' that are not legal by State law and are posted as such. I go there maybe twice a year and strictly for the food. You can probably guess what these places are... and for the record I had my last alcoholic beverage in 1995. :)

Carry 99% of the time....can't carry at work or on company property, which accounts for the 1%

I was prohibited from carrying at work by company policy as well. But I did it every day anyway, for 18-1/2 years until I quit in January. I'd risk any job to be able to defend myself. Keep in mind that your person cannot be legally searched by anyone but law enforcement in Washington State. And LE has to believe you are breaking the law to search you. My attorney said if it ever came up at work to show the LEO my CPL and ID and ask why exactly he thought he had legal grounds to search me for a weapon.

I am now happily self-employed and my company policy clearly states that I must be armed at all times. :cool:

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney and I do not play one on TV or the internet.

0% at work, but sometimes I have a rifle in my truck during hunting season.
10% at home. Because I forget to take it off.
90% when I'm out and about.
100% when I'm camping.

This is my gun. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My gun is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My gun, without me, is useless. Without my gun, I am useless. I must fire my gun true. I must shoot straighter than any enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

That being said, I carry 99.999% of the time. Only time I'm not is if I have to go to a legally restricted area or if I ever am forced to *shudder* go to California to visit inlaws.
However the rare times I can't carry, I always have a blade on me + have several years training in a couple martial arts, so I make due that .001% of the time just fine.
I still feel naked though.

Carry always anywhere I legally can, and keep it in my truck at work.

I did date a girl who didn't want it in her house, needless to say that didn't last long. Although she didn't mind me carrying in public.

I sleep with my sidearm on the night stand by my head. I wake up, get dressed and put it in my holster along with two spare mags. I OC all day at home and anywhere I go. I CC if the weather is bad enough for me to wear a coat or if it is more prudent to CC. I only disarm to go into places where it's prohibited by law. At night, I take it off and put it on my bed side stand, shower then hit the sack. If I say up late at night on the computer I will often have it in or on my desk.

I carry 100% of the time that it is not prohibited by law or my work place and i hate that I can't at least have it in my car at work locked up. As far as places prohibited by law I avoid them if at all possible.
I travel a good bit and I would caution everyone to make sure you know the laws of the state you are visiting. I have a Utah permit which allows me to carry in my home state of Mississippi but unlike here in Oregon where we CAN legally on public school property in Mississippi you can not. Also, I carry when I am at Church here in Oregon, and the Pastor has requested it, in Mississippi you can not carry at a Church. Just a couple of examples and the Jim Jacobe website has a link to a good resource for determining the laws of the various states.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top