JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got some buckshot and some slugs. After some consideration, bought some waterfowl loads, max loads with #4 shot. My reasoning is, at close range the massive trauma and damage of so many pellets at high velocity would not be treatable. You can't stitch together hamburger.
If they're at 'across the room' distances any load out of a 12 gauge is gonna be effective, #8 low base included.

"Pistols put holes in people. Rifles put holes through people. Shotguns at the right range with the right load will physically remove a chunk of s*** from your opponent and throw that s**** on the floor".
Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Only have one shotgun and it is NOT my primary weapon, so I have a case (250 rnds) of 00 buck and a couple (5-6) 5 round boxes.

If the shotgun is NOT your primary weapon then a case per gun is more than enough. Perhaps way more than enough.

If the shotgun IS your primary weapon, then I'd have 2-3 cases per gun. It also depends on how many people you have in your home who can use a shotgun. If it's just you and a spouse, but you have 15 shotguns, then 2-3 cases per gun is probably way more than you will ever need.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top