JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get out to the range usually once a week and shoot about 40 rounds of 30-06, 50-100 rounds of 9mm and about 25 rounds of 16ga.
I try to keep on hand the following:

30-06: 400 rounds
9mm: 1000 rounds
12GA: 500 shells (2-shot, 3-shot, 00, and slugs)

I try to also replenish what I shoot each week.

Should I stock up some more?
OLD OLD photo but all factory stuff is defensive, my reloads are for plinkin only.........LOL Granted some of us have just a few more different calibers to feed than the average Joe.
I have since added a lil and some calibers not pictured.

003.JPG

Sell that couch and buy another box of 9mm!

(joking about the cost of ammo, not your couch)
You haven't seen my current 9mm factory supply or reloading supplies for it. I have bought a few more items that use that recently so I stocked up when it was cheap.:p

I keep more hunting ammo than anything else. A few hundred rounds of .30-06 and a metric flopload of 12 gauge will keep me fed for quite some time should all the grocery stores get blown up. I also have a bunch of .22 for rat slaying in the backyard.

I have enough defensive ammo to keep me alive long enough in a rush to use it up. I'm no Call of Duty hero.

I don't do a whole lot of recreational shooting anymore, so I don't worry about having thousands of rounds of this or that around. About the only thing I just just for the sake of shooting now is my GP100 10mm, and mostly because I hate chasing brass around.

I take back what I said about Curt's earlier. Just bought their last 5 boxes of 30-06 180gr reasonably priced at $39 a box.

NW Armory is out of 30-06 right now as well... and Coastal and Big5 and Fisherman's.

Let's distinguish between target ammo and SHTF ammo.

For the later, my minimum is 1000 rifle rounds, 500 pistol, and 500 00 buck. That's per person, so multiply it by the number of people you're trying to outfit. YMMV.

For target ammo we have already seen, in very recent times, an ammo shortage that lasted for about two years. It remains to be seen how long our current ammo shortage lasts. Thus, maintaining at least a two year supply of target ammo, based on how much a person shoots each year, would not be unreasonable. Some might even call it prudent.

Stack high and deep!

WOLVERINES!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews