JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At least the same amount that DHS has delivered to a local hospital.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/dhs-buys-even-more-ammo.121926/#post-797722

29m9088_zpstg8rbcst.jpg

Last Edited:
Minimum:

1000 per semi auto pistol
1000 per semi auto rifle
500 per bolt rifle
500 per lever rifle
500 per revolver
500 per shotgun (we are talking 00BK and/or slugs - birdshot not included but that should be 1000)
4000 .22LR

and enough to reload your current supply 1-2 times over.

I get out to the range usually once a week and shoot about 40 rounds of 30-06, 50-100 rounds of 9mm and about 25 rounds of 16ga.
I try to keep on hand the following:

30-06: 400 rounds
9mm: 1000 rounds
12GA: 500 shells (2-shot, 3-shot, 00, and slugs)

I try to also replenish what I shoot each week.

Should I stock up some more?

YES. look at the current situation w/ availability. Now imagine a real disruption to supply chains...you may not be able to replinish for years. Plus, ammo doesnt go bad if properly stored. I shoot 308 from the 70s-80's w/o issue.

Many gun owners don't post exactly what they have on the internet. Even without anything illegal or shocking on hand there are concerns about thieves determining location, future government overreach and harassment, anti-gun activist harassment, etc.

For self defense I keep 4 mags loaded of 45 for 2 separate guns one in my safe and one on a shelf for quick access. I keep 2 mags loaded of 40 for my edc. And my wife keeps 2 mags loaded of 9mm for her edc. I also keep 6 shells in my 12 gauge and 3 mags loaded for my ar15 both are for home defense and in my safe. As far as ammo on hand besides that I feel like I don't have enough but in all reality that's only because I know people that have 10,000+ rounds. If I had the money I would too lol.

I get out to the range usually once a week and shoot about 40 rounds of 30-06, 50-100 rounds of 9mm and about 25 rounds of 16ga.

Is that number defense rounds or ammo on hand? I'm sure less than 10% of my 9mm is defense rounds. Most of it is ball ammo.

where exactly are you getting your resupply? It will help answer your question regarding on-hand amounts.

thank you

My typical scouting route is to start with Fisherman's and Coastal in Gladstone (where I almost never find anything, but sometimes do). Then I drive over to Curt's Discount (lol - NO discounted prices there anymore... $30 a box for target 9mm last week). Then I drive down a little further down McLoughlin to Big 5... then I drive down to NW Armory which is where I usually am able to score a box or two of all my calibers.

If I was smarter, I'd just start at NW Armory and then call it quits... but whatever.

If I'm in Gresham area then I'll always try to stop by Keith's.

If I'm in Tigard then it's Oregon Rifle (they have no limits there) and Bi-mart.

Merged with older thread but a simple search yields several similar topics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top