JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering how much reloaded ammo others like to keep on hand...

I try to keep at least 1,000 rounds for each caliber I use frequently. 1,000 seemed like a lot when I first started reloading but not so much now.

1000 is nothing. That is kind of a minimum if you ask me. Again that is for guns I shoot a lot. I do have low round counts on guns with rare ammo or ones that only get shot on occasion.

Enough is when you don't have to worry about ammo shortages.

I know you were talking about reloading but for me I buy ammo when the price is right and stock up on it for the lean times. Plus while I may not shoot it now I have the money to buy it now so when I am old and on a fixed income and ammo prices are insane I don't have to worry about how to pay for more ammo. Planning ahead is not hoarding.

I am still shooting 7.62x39 for about $90/k, .223 for about $120/k, .308 for $200/k I am glad I bought when I did.

Only 1,000? I keep that much in my truck.

My "Minimum Stock Levels" are 5,000 rounds of .223 for my hungry AR's, 3,000 for my 9mm's and 500 rounds of .308, half is 175gr BT-HP "Long Range" ammo and the other half of the .308 ammo is in 168 gr Ballistic Tip for shorter range.

When the stocks get down to these levels I have a reloading session to bring it up to as much as twice that.

There are two givens in life. You can never have too much Fun, or too much ammo.

I'm also pretty big on having large quantities on hand at any given time. My ideal is atleast 1000 rounds for my higher velocity stuff, 5000 for each pistol caliber, 10,000 .223, and who in the **** knows how much 22. Again, that's just my ideal, I'm still working on getting it up to that point but it's getting there.

the only thing I have 1000 for is my 22
long rifles .233 upwards 3000 and 7.62x39 more than 3000
pistol my new 40 S&W is just under 2k 9mm upwards 2000 and 45acp is also 2000 range

When I get down to my last box of 500 I get ready to load up again... prime reason I am heading down to reload more next month...

I have a very large stockpile of reloading components probably enough for 10k+ of my 40/10, I also have massive stockpiles of 223 brass and bullets, I usually do not have much more then 1k of each ready to go at any given time, I dont see the need in having 10k of loaded ammo sitting around, When i want to shoot alot I just load them up, I also have a decent amount of ammo in calibers i don't currently own just because it was really cheap, such as 5.45x39 and 7.62tok

I like to keep reloading components where I can shoot for 5 years with out buying any more components. If they make it difficult, I can go for 10 years are 1/2 the shooting.

Loaded ammo varies, depending on what the round is and how much I shoot it. Plinking stuff, I like to have a lot.

Whew.... Good to hear... the .223 i have is used for my Mini14, but more stockpiling for my future AR15 purchase... lol

Its hard to beat 1260 rounds for 100$ for a gun thats 200$ and you can shoot it in mosins, and one day il get around to building an ak74, I have the "gun" but none of the other parts that need to be riveted on for it to work

Where are you finding .223 for 120 bucks/1000 ??? Is this the price if you reload it all yourself?

If you are talking about my post read the whole thing again;

I know you were talking about reloading but for me I buy ammo when the price is right and stock up on it for the lean times. Plus while I may not shoot it now I have the money to buy it now so when I am old and on a fixed income and ammo prices are insane I don't have to worry about how to pay for more ammo. Planning ahead is not hoarding.

I am still shooting 7.62x39 for about $90/k, .223 for about $120/k, .308 for $200/k I am glad I bought when I did.

Only 2 situations when you have too much ammo: when you are on fire or swimming.

I bought most of my ammo fort back 10 - 15 years ago when it was cheap. Didn't seem cheap at the time but I'm glad I did.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top