JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much ammo do you have?

• 0 - 500 rounds

Votes: 48 10.6%
  • 501 - 1000 rounds

Votes: 40 8.8%
  • 1001 - 5000 rounds

Votes: 182 40.2%
  • 5001 - 10,000 rounds

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • 10,001 +

Votes: 100 22.1%

• Total voters
The folks over at arfcom don't count their 22LR in the ammo when they discuss their ammo stocks. I do however.

Ammo ho's

Of course, their answer to the question is "not enough" and I'll agree. Every time I go to Bimart and 22LR, 9MM or .223/5.56mm is on sale it seems like a couple of boxes accidentally fall into my cart.

Is this enough?

DSC00215.jpg
And just so you know, this isn't my stuff.

Ammo falls into the category of a real 'thing.' Like buying precious metals - gold, silver, platinum, etc - but this metal has a usable purpose for the average Joe.

Giving the choice of having ever-declining dollars/digits or something real like ammo, a screwdriver, cordless drill, etc I'll take a 'thing', something real. Easy to barter down the road.

The folks over at arfcom don't count their 22LR in the ammo when they discuss their ammo stocks. I do however.

Ammo ho's

Of course, their answer to the question is "not enough" and I'll agree. Every time I go to Bimart and 22LR, 9MM or .223/5.56mm is on same it seems like a couple of boxes accidentally fall into my cart.

Is this enough?

DSC00215.jpg
And just so you know, this isn't my stuff.

i count the .22 lr,and if one has to be on the move it is alot easier to carry alot of .22lr ammo than most other rounds

I am not a paranoid hoarder. I keep a box or two for each of my guns. I shoot Too often and can't build up a stockpile

Someone who keeps more than a box or two is far from a paranoid hoarder. If you cannot afford to have a reasonable supply of ammo, that is fine, but it is unnecessary to negatively label those who can.

5K- 7.62x39
6k- 5.56
2k- .308
5k- 22lr
.5k- 00buck
.5k- 1oz slugggers
.3k- #2 shot
3k- 9mm
2.5k- .45ACP
.5k- .357Mag

That's a LOT of dough sitting in ammo cans right there (and more is added when the planets, stars, and shopping trips fall into alignment), but like Gummer said, its all REAL assets that are useful to the "average Joe"... I won't EVEN get into the hardware I have that all this will feed. ;)

I have enough to heavily supply/equip an Infantry squad and feel prepared for a total breakdown of society... or rioting in the streets when the "goobermint" checks stop rollin' in and all them piglets on the dole want to TAKE from those have earned and "have"... we keeps whats ours! :s0155:

question,

does oregon have any type of arsenal laws stateing you can't have more then x amout of ammo?

Don't think so. I don't see anything in the ORS regarding it. Ammo is covered under state preemption too so local jurisdictions shouldn't be able to make their own laws.

That's a good start. I'm getting there. As others have said, I am not waiting for the end of the world as it won't happen anytime soon but having guns/ammo is the only way I can have a savings account and not widdle it away on crap. Or the wife I should say.

Currently have:

7.62x39 = 1500
5.56 = 8800 (with 2k more ordered from Global Arms)
.308 = 1450
.22lr = 12000
9mm = 3100
45acp = 650
12gauge = 500maybe. I never shoot it.

Just getting into AKs so need a lot more x39 ammo. Thankfully it's cheap!

5K- 7.62x39
6k- 5.556
2k- .308
5k- 22lr
.5k- 00buck
.5k- 1oz slugggers
.3k- #2 shot
3k- 9mm
2.5k- .45ACP
.5k- .357Mag

That's a LOT of dough sitting in ammo cans right there (and more is added when the planets, stars, and shopping trips fall into alignment), but like Gummer said, its all REAL assets that are useful to the "average Joe"... I won't EVEN get into the hardware I have that all this will feed. ;)

I have enough to heavily supply/equip an Infantry squad and feel prepared for a total breakdown of society... or rioting in the streets when the "goobermint" checks stop rollin' in and all them piglets on the dole want to TAKE from those have earned and "have"... we keeps whats ours! :s0155:

I'd have to count, I know I was just above the line for one of the categories before my recent range trip, and am not certain how many I fired on that trip. To play it safe, I answered the lower number.

A lot of the ammo pictured in this thread was, unfortunately, aboard the boat at the time of the accident when the boat sunk.

Well, at least you had a boat.

All I had was a measly bicycle that tragically and accidentally got tipped off over a bridge. What sucks worse is all my ammo and guns were on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top