JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I became a believer when I was StumbleUpon-ing computer security topics and found a website with a free search feature. It allowed you to put a screen name, vague location (city and/or state etc) in and get responses back from all over. If you've ever filled out any personal information in the past, even before websites were more secure or you were just new and ignorant, the stuff is all in there. This was not a simple Google search, but I can't remember what the site was either. I was pegged down as close as my zip code on most sites and one had an old address on it from when Win95 was the latest and greatest. Apparently in recent years security concerns have kept more of my info from being snooped at.

I suppose there is some safety in a crowd, but if there ever comes a time when you manage to really tick someone off, it's perfectly possible, once someone is focused on you, for them to track down where you are close enough to be a concern.

really, what's the big deal about having ammo? It's not like it's illegal to buy or own. Even if you had 100,000 rounds, the only thing I'd worry about is theft. I guess the real question is, how do you store your ammo? I keep mine locked.

really, what's the big deal about having ammo? It's not like it's illegal to buy or own. Even if you had 100,000 rounds, the only thing I'd worry about is theft. I guess the real question is, how do you store your ammo? I keep mine locked.
Maybe someone reading a post will get the bright idea to use a fire regulation violation as PC for a search warrant. Many local politicians would be horrified at the amounts of ammo boasted about here. Don't laugh, it's been done. Powder and ammunition over certain minimum amount has storage requirements. And who never heard of something being improperly seized once they are on your premises? You can eventually win, but the legal costs are nothing to scoff at either. I'd rather keep things vague on the internet and avoid problems later. I'm proud of the judgment I showed acquiring what I have, I'm just not that proud.

Compared to you guys I don't have much. You can only have as much as you can afford and in reality i can't afford that much. I just try to keep from running completely out in any particular caliber. I always have more 45 ACP then anything else because I shoot it the most and reload for it, making it cheaper, much cheaper. I have some of everything I have a gun for. Some 308, some 22lr, some 45, a little 12 gauge, and a little 9mm (Wife's gun that neither of us shoot much. I don't particularly like it and she just doesn't shoot much period.) I need more 308, more 12 gauge, more 9mm, and I could always need more 22lr. Next time I can find enough extra money in my pocket to purchase more I'm sure i will but I'd also like to see prices come down a whole lot first and supplies to rise again. Can't buy what you can't aford or whats not in stock now can you...

And for what it's worth my father was over today and we deposited about 250 rounds of 45 into my "Lead Mine" (AKA hillside) today after we bucked up and split a bunch of wood.

Like to keep lots of 9mm since it is one of the cheaper rounds to target shoot. Which of course means, twice as much 22 to keep the family plinking.
I'd like to think bb's should count also. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top