JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bet it goes over 1.5b by the next drawing.

Highly likely, since they seem to be conservative in their estimates. But considering the size of this one, I suspect they'll set a record for the number of tickets sold. I read this morning that they estimated that at least 75% of the possible number combinations were covered in tickets sold for last night's drawing. That actually surprised me as I thought with such a large pot, that pretty much all possible combinations would have been covered. Dang, I knew I should have bought a second ticket instead of a pepperoni stick! :p

I'll take everyone out shooting on my dime if I win.

You just won't know it was me for a few months until I get all the financials in order.

Does Washington allow you to collect the prize anonymously? I know Oregon doesn't, but some states do. If I won, I wouldn't collect it for a while. I'd keep working and work on securing a financial adviser, setting up accounts, getting new phones/numbers, and probably relocating somewhere else - last thing I want is a bunch of reporters on my doorstep - and with a pot this big, you are going to be splashed all over the news, most likely international. Definitely a good time to be well prepared to carry for personal protection.

Does Washington allow you to collect the prize anonymously? I know Oregon doesn't, but some states do. If I won, I wouldn't collect it for a while. I'd keep working and work on securing a financial adviser, setting up accounts, getting new phones/numbers, and probably relocating somewhere else - last thing I want is a bunch of reporters on my doorstep - and with a pot this big, you are going to be splashed all over the news, most likely international. Definitely a good time to be well prepared to carry for personal protection.

I thought the powerball was the exempt to the Oregon law? I thought it was just all the Oregon Lottery ones ? I am not sure how all the intertwining is, I just though powerball was not and Oregon thing being its interstate I thought you could be anonymous?

I thought the powerball was the exempt to the Oregon law? I thought it was just all the Oregon Lottery ones ? I am not sure how all the intertwining is, I just though powerball was not and Oregon thing being its interstate I thought you could be anonymous?

Unfortunately, I've never had a chance to test it :(

^^^That is why you wouldn't know it was me that won for awhile - I would sit on it for a few months and do pretty much what you listed but I would add a lawyer to the list and create a family trust to avoid having each generation pay taxes on it. Hell if you won as the only winner, your entire family tree would be set for life on the interest alone if you invested wisely.

Buy a bunch of tickets gentleman, it will just make my jackpot that much bigger;):p:D

So your telling me there's a chance!

Yeah first thing you do is stick that puppy in a safe. Call in sick to work, and make two appointments.
1. Lawyer
2. Financial advisor
Hopefully stay anonymous, cancel my phone service, and put my house up for sale. Call a realtor and start looking for 10,000 acre plots.

Build a compound, with the best security system money can buy, a couple big german shepards, and a gun room that rivaled a military armory.
Hide my family for a few years until people forgot about us.

My wife and I already agreed nobody would get a dime from us for a year. We would decide who gets what, and if anybody asked they get nothing.

My first gift to friends and close relatives would be a lifetime of free quality healthcare.
I've never met a person either rich or poor who was happy about being sick.

So the government runs these lotteries...and they have developed this way to get people to line up and buy tickets when they do not have a chance in hell of winning. Then the government take better than half of what you win.

People bubblegum about taxes, yet they have no problem slapping down the cash for a game of chance. Then " nobody wins" :eek::eek:, because some government hacker drone programs the computer to make sure "nobody wins", the pot rolls over and the government gets more money, with a lot less administrative cost than taxes.

But I bought one anyway, I routinely buy $ 4 a week when we grocery shop.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top