JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heads up for those in the area who want .22 at 4.3 cents per round. "Limited Stock" means they have maybe 2-3 bricks left. If you're not there by 6AM tomorrow, you're probably out of luck. This particular store had this same item through almost 6PM last time. Have no experience with the Salem area stores.

My prior post was mostly about Walmart. I've walked into Fisherman's in Tigard on three afternoons in January to February and have found ammo twice. One time, they had Remington bulk packs and buckets, kept under the counter, along with subsonic and Mini-Mag sleeves. At the time, they had a 3-box limit of 50-rounders, and one box each of the rest. I left with a 100-rd box of CCI's, came back the next day to try the bulk pack, but all the .22 was gone.

FedBulk.jpg

Fed.jpg

Last Edited:
I used to think that a friend's 5,000 round reserve was a LOT. Now, with the situation going into 15 months, I am not so sure.

If the worst happened and another incident provides the excuse for the Ban-Wagon Exploitation Brigade to start up again (you know the players, DiFi, Carolyn McCarthy, Bloomberg, Biden, et.al.) and it happened before things get saturated/back to normal, then how much longer would the cycle take in order to return to where things are, now? (As in, bad but not bare?)

Based on my own backorder at Midway, the CCI I backordered was expected to be in-stock November 2014.
That would be two years since December 2012. Add-in another incident with more talk of over-taxing ammunition or microstamping or any other pipe dream scheme, and then what? How adequate would a 2-year supply be then?

Before this started all I had was a .22 conversion kit for a .45 frame, and it was pretty inaccurate, so not a high priority. Now I have a Ruger 22/45 and so shooting .22 has become actually useful as far as training goes; but there's almost no ammo. What was adequate before seems like "almost out" to me.

To accurately provide an estimate on when enough is enough, we'd have to know the un-knowable: when does the system return to normal, WILL it return to normal before another clown goes nuts, will it ever happen again?

The symbiotic relationship with the politicians and 24-hour media feeding frenzy after an incident is something new. Both groups just can't wait to get in there and wallow endlessly in a tragedy and exploit the event for more than it's worth, grandstanding and playing the same video constantly.

So no, 5,000 rounds does not seem comfortable to me in the context of waiting 2 years before resupply, never mind 4 years.

Oh boy, in the past it was not uncommon to go thru 1 to 3 bricks a month, now I have shot only what I could buy last year.

That was less then 3 bricks total.

What I keep on hand is what I had pre deficit.

You know the answer is never one more than when I had less.

Seriously! People are always going to complain and tell you you are wrong no matter what you do when it comes to ammo, especially .22.

Here is a breakdown of how people repond to the current .22 ammo shortage:

- If yoy buy it and resell it it you're a "gouger or scalper"
- If you buy it and hold on to it you're a "hoarder"
- Even if you are buying the same 1 box limit as everyone else you better not be selling it or holding on to it because you will be in one of those categories.
- You should step aside and let the person behind you buy the same 1 box limit that you were just going to buy to give them a chance to buy some .22 ammo and they should do the same

Every post I've read that has complained about .22 ammo will fall into one of these categories. I know you were just asking a question but it's getting ridiculous the amount of complaining about it.

Last Edited:
- If yoy buy it and resell it it you're a "gouger or scalper"

Nope. If you buy it and sell it a double or triple the price makes you a "gouger or scalper". Kind of omitted crucial detail. That That seems to be the difference many cant see or use self serving justification to be okay screwing others brains out.

I have given away more bricks than I've bought in the last year.... What category is that?

Yes, I'll buy most brands of .22 if I see it on the shelf and retail price, especially if it is subsonic. I'm buying to shoot it, not sell it at a huge profit. I have sold some to people who needed it. Is $25 for a 525 round box of federal bulk a reasonable price to sell to a friend?

I'd happily trade some of my high velocity CCI for standard velocity CCI if anyone is interested.

Nope. If you buy it and sell it a double or triple the price makes you a "gouger or scalper". Kind of omitted crucial detail. That That seems to be the difference many cant see or use self serving justification to be okay screwing others brains out.

I have given away more bricks than I've bought in the last year.... What category is that?

Yep that crucial detail seems to be left out of a lot of peoples post. I buy it and have about 6 people in just my family that uses it. I give it to my cousin...he finds 9 gives it to me. We split boxes. We both have a boy we are teaching and wives we are teaching to shoot. So we buy what we need.
I have given a brick with every .22 I have sold in the last year which is only 3 but still I knew they are not going to drive away from me and go find a brick to go shoot their new gun. I have my stash but I am not going to pass by a brick when it is priced right. That way when I do hand it off it is 17-20 bucks out of my pocket as a gift rather than 60.
I do think the folks that argue in favor of inflated selling are doing so to make themselves feel better about it. It has nothing to do with arguing for others doing it. Just their way of sleeping better at night when they see the negative response on what they are doing

Not sure what category that is in. I've never seen it posted in a complaint thread, that's why I didn't list it as a category of what I've heard people complaining about. I was listing what I've seen people complain about. You are right though about the "price gouging/scalping". It's people reselling it at inflated prices that people are complaining about not reselling it at the same price they bought it for. Why would anyone have a problem or complain about that? Basically my point was that people are labeling others as ***holes for reselling at higher prices or ***holes for buying it whenever they can and holding on to it (stockpiling or hoarding).

Yes, I'll buy most brands of .22 if I see it on the shelf and retail price, especially if it is subsonic. I'm buying to shoot it, not sell it at a huge profit. I have sold some to people who needed it. Is $25 for a 525 round box of federal bulk a reasonable price to sell to a friend?

I'd happily trade some of my high velocity CCI for standard velocity CCI if anyone is interested.
$25 to a friend...................you're such a scalper :)

Just trying to get a feel on what other fellow gun enthusiast think.

"How much .22 ammo is too much?"

I have to answer it like this, when the house is on fire, you may have to much.
In reality I never intended to be a hoarder and would have to say that I'm not. What I have is enough to weather a five day sage rat shoot (or so) in silver lake because that's what I loved to do before this latest round of madness hit. Of course I've always bought what I found to be a "good deal" because to do otherwise wouldn't be prudent. But if I never set up an account for the future, if I never prepared for a time when the power went out, never set back enough stores to get through a storm or prepared for an earthquake, or set money aside for a hard time, I'd be a damned fool.

Don't know what the heck happened to that post??? Here go's one more try,

Just trying to get a feel on what other fellow gun enthusiast think.

"How much .22 ammo is too much?"

I have to answer it like this, when the house is on fire, you may have to much.
In reality I never intended to be a hoarder and would have to say that I'm not. What I have is enough to weather a five day sage rat shoot (or so) in silver lake because that's what I loved to do before this latest round of madness hit. Of course I've always bought what I found to be a "good deal" because to do otherwise wouldn't be prudent. But if I never set up an account for the future, if I never prepared for a time when the power went out, never set back enough stores to get through a storm or prepared for an earthquake, or set money aside for a hard time, I'd be a damned fool.

What is wrong with being a hoarder"A TV learned term and TV is one of the main reasons the people in this country are absolute non thinking morons regardless of their education" End of rant for now. Only a fool doesn't stock up when products are abundant for use when products are non abundant.

$25 to a friend...................you're such a scalper :)
Either that or I won't sell it to anyone. I bought the ammo to shoot, and just because I had the forethought to stockpile some while it was cheap and available, that doesn't make me a hoarder. I've been shooting it, and I expect to shoot a lot more of it now that I have a full auto with a .22 conversion kit for it.

6000 or 7000 rounds of .22 ammo. I've suspended most of my ammo buying temporarily, i'm just too busy to make it to the stores. But i might stop completely when i get 25k rounds of .22 for my personal stash.
If you can buy ANYTHING and triple your money on it and dont, you are an I D I O T. Go ahead and toot your own horn about what a great benevolent person you are, you might be, but doesnt mean you aren't an ID iot. Buying and selling ANYTHING is always a risk and you might lose. For those of you that ignore the nagging bag you married, for those of you that hold your own cajones and didnt let your significant other pickle them..... good for you! Go gamble your money on guns and ammo, worst case scenario you decide you cant let it go and your collection just grew :cool:

If you feel you really need a brick go to bimart and by a rifle....they always have a stash of 22 in the back for gun purchases...and so does sportsmans warehouse....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top