JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, licensed or no, I think the number of people in any one particular area that are carrying guns is likely relatively small. Now other weapons, like knives, etc., probably much more common - some legal, some not. I'd be willing to be that for each of us, there are times where, even in public, we may be the only ones carrying in the immediate area. Too bad too, if more bad guys thought more folks were carrying, maybe we could actually reduce the amount of crime.

That low percentage that @etrain16 is talking about is a PDX Metro thing. Perhaps the percentage goes up in other parts of the state. It certainly is higher the farther into Red State America you go. But here in the Portland, I'd be shocked if I wasn't one of the only active CHL-ers in most places I go.

That low percentage that @etrain16 is talking about is a PDX Metro thing. Perhaps the percentage goes up in other parts of the state. It certainly is higher the farther into Red State America you go. But here in the Portland, I'd be shocked if I wasn't one of the only active CHL-ers in most places I go.

Yeah, I was definitely thinking in our area. Head to a place like Texas, and that percentage does likely go up.

I am not carrying concealed because I am a law abiding citizen without a permit/license and I try to not break the law.

If ever there was proof that gun laws are about controlling the populace, there is that; criminals are criminals and by definition generally do not care about being law abiding.

But then we all knew that and this is more or less a pointless exercise.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I carry all the time. And I tend to watch my surroundings. My wife can be chatting away and I'm looking around. She has accused me before of looking for bad guys. LOL. I don't know, I just tend to assess and people watch.

And yes, I'm licensed.

My Wife has gotten mad at me a few times when we are walking the dogs. She tends to be looking around and seeing nothing. Several times I have had to snap her back to the here and now as some large dog was approaching and she just sees nothing. It's the same way when we are in public in a crowded area. some times I have had to lean it to tell her to wake up and follow me as I was seeing something that made me go to yellow.

I'd guess the number of "good guy" unlicensed carriers is pretty small. But I have no guess at how many criminals/gang members are carrying.

When I took my wife to a posh restaurant to celebrate our recent anniversary, most of the folks there were dressed up. Except for this one man, who had a bulky coat on, and a Glock ball-cap. And talk about being hyper-vigilant! "Head-on-a-swivel" definitely applied to him. Pretty sure he was carrying.

Maybe he was fresh back from combat and jumpy, or something else had made him nervous. But he sure stood out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top