JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had wrestling as a base from middle school and high school, as well as just being raised as a rowdy logger from a young age. lol.

I have trained in a few different things including Kenpo, BJJ, Boxing, and of course Wrestling, as well as some crosstraining in a few other things. I trained in multiple styles mainly because I have found good things, as well as limitations in everything I have been exposed to. I figure the more things a person is exposed to, the more ready he can be for every situation. Ground fighting, stand up,weapons, and weapon defence all were important to me, as well as just general dirty fighting. lol.

As far as conditioning, I have always trained, although my cardio could use improvement. I have a powerlifting background that I don't ever stray far from. I have also worked hard over the years to maintain flexability, agility and explosiveness, trying not to be just a slow cumbersome weightlifter. I have recently been adding my cardio back in since I am not getting any younger and for the exact reason we are discussing this.

Right on! I've been doing Kenpo for way too many years that I care to say, but my speed and power is still there. Dead weights now hurt my damaged shoulders, so I use the total gym which is great for keeping my strength up. And let's not forget the necessity of wacking the punching bag once in a while. :thumbsup
Keep practicing!

Yea, the quickest i have ever stopped a D lineman is when you accidentially gouge their eye. You can hit them as much as you want, but nobody likes peoples fingers in their eyes!! Worst comes to worst you will have a jammed finger :) plus you get an extra 5-6 inches of reach on your attacker if your fingers are out.

I did the O and D line from elementary thru small college ball also, and wrestled up until college. I started Thai boxing in college. Have done a smattering of BJJ/MMA stuff, enough to educate me away from the pin and to the finish hold; did some boxing smokers in bars and Thai boxing matches. But I haven't been in a real street fight since 1990, and it was a stupidity. Haven't done a ring fight in 10 years.

Did Aikido two sword form when younger. My Ranger buddy was formerly in the teams and taught me some hrang-do (sp?). Started working out at the local MMA club last year to stay sharp and as contingency refresher course. Fun but at 52 I'm the old guy and have to be a bit more careful not to hurt myself. Takes longer to heal after a certain age unfortunately.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top