JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't count the number of times I've caught the clip of my pocket knife on a wall, door, the paint job of my car, etc., leaving unsightly and sometimes expensive damage.

I swear there has to be a way to prevent this from happening. Maybe a plastic coated metal replacement clip?

I can't count the number of times I've caught the clip of my pocket knife on a wall, door, the paint job of my car, etc., leaving unsightly and sometimes expensive damage.

I swear there has to be a way to prevent this from happening. Maybe a plastic coated metal replacement clip?

Mine seems to be the bottom of my car steering wheel when I get in and out. And I've come close to nailing the end post on my stairrail.

Mine just wears the edge of my pockets..

This happens to me too. I also have scratched my burb once. Ouch! :eek:

I have found a solution that works, at least for a while. Heat shrink tubing. The stuff that you use to seal some electrical connections. Get the quality shrink tubes (from a good electronics shop). I just take off the clip and insert it into the tube. I leave the tube a bit long and then trim with a sharp knife after using the heat gun. This works for a few months, sometimes longer. Sure does save the pockets on my pants and also hold better in the pocket without getting stuck.

Just an idea.

This happens to me too. I also have scratched my burb once. Ouch! :eek:

I have found a solution that works, at least for a while. Heat shrink tubing. The stuff that you use to seal some electrical connections. Get the quality shrink tubes (from a good electronics shop). I just take off the clip and insert it into the tube. I leave the tube a bit long and then trim with a sharp knife after using the heat gun. This works for a few months, sometimes longer. Sure does save the pockets on my pants and also hold better in the pocket without getting stuck.

Just an idea.

Good plan! I have scratched three of my wife's cars over the years, never managed to get one of mine though. :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top