JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL! uh, full. 8+1, +8, +8.

:confused:

no, wait . . . this ---> i have one round in one mag across the room and three other loose rounds out of sight on the top shelves in three other separate rooms.

"I'm a better shot than that"at the range mellow day light.half asleep in the dark hart pounding little diferent.Never herd some one say"I wish I had less rounds when those escaped mental patients broke in my house"2 15s and a 32 full of double tap hollow points.

Show him this article:

<broken link removed>

"By the end of a traffic stop on Feb. 21, 2005, at 19th and Lawndale, he had 28 bullet wounds in his body. "

...and the guy lived.

So much for the three shots rule.

And it doesn't have to be some drugged up meth monkey either, or an entire gang of thugs. This was just a regular 60 year old dude.

How bout this guy..

Atlanta mom shoots intruder in the face 5 times

"An Atlanta mom took matters into her own hands on Friday when confronting an intruder. The unidentified woman hid with her 9-year-old twins in a crawlspace as a man broke into her house and began rummaging through it. The alleged burglar, Paul Ali Slater, eventually found the family's hiding space, but not before finding himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver. The woman fired six shots, five of which hit Slater in the face and neck, but he managed to flee after the family ran to a neighbor's house. Slater is expected to survive."

not, he was a tough a$$ 60 year old

you should pass this on to your brother

My Gunfight - "Thinking Outside Your Box"

its an article about how gun owners often visualize how "MY gunfight" will play out. He addresses the "Ill have time to rack the slide" crowd, but i think it applies equally to what is going on in your brothers' head.

Not that I use a semi auto for home defense. But if the guys close enough I wouldn't have time to rack the slide I would be more then glad to beat the crap out of him with the thing as a hammer.

Not that I use a semi auto for home defense. But if the guys close enough I wouldn't have time to rack the slide I would be more then glad to beat the crap out of him with the thing as a hammer.
I should probably have one chambered my 115 pound ridge back (that has to be put out if any one stops by hes a biter)wont have enough bad guy left to shot at buy the time i rack one into it

Geez. Some people's kids.

My bed gun? A Ruger Single Six. Loaded (as Samuel Colt said), with six (.22 Magnum) hearts that as a friend will never let you down. In half-dream state, myself not functioning at anything near capacity, in an instant the gun falls into my palm and I can deliver what needs to be delivered with half-brain function.

Speculate all you want about "my magazine's bigger". While you stare longingly into the next urinal and worry about what you have against the next guy, reconsider what is simple and stupid. Because when (and BIG IF) it happens, you will be SIMPLE AND STUPID. Choose a gun you can operate (and a gun that is) at that level.

A minor contribution from someone who has seen first hand, SIMPLE AND STUPID.

that would give me plenty of time to chamber a round

intruder walks up motion lights come on dogs start barkin intruder breaks window or kicks in door enters house hopeful shoots dogs in time i might have time to chamber a round,you never no whats gonna happen but a tweek with a hammer or a gang banger with pos 25auto he aint shot and holds upside down(probably cant hit the house little lone the dog) more likely than chuck norris with a mp5

I don't load my magazines full. I always leave one or two out from an old Marines/Army habit. Full magazine with the spring pushing up on the slide might slow it enough to cause a malfunction if you have a weak first round, debris, murphy's law etc... Especially magazines where you have to really push in that last round... I know the chance of it is pretty slim but I have seen it happen so usually I just load a full magazine then chamber one round. Other magazines are downloaded one or two rounds. All my defense guns are chamber loaded except for rifles and shotguns because I play with those a lot... :) Revolvers are fine handguns which are to fight your way to a rifle or shotgun as someone more famous than me likes to say. Oh, and when I get my PS90 ammo one magazine can hold 50 rounds so reloading shouldn't be a problem... :)
YMMV

yep, yep, yer right on top of the whole deal, cowboy. keep it up, right on track, yesirree. yer gunna 'presheate all dat good forethought and preperation. right in the moment, yessir, yesirreeee.

I don't load my magazines full. I always leave one or two out from an old Marines/Army habit. Full magazine with the spring pushing up on the slide might slow it enough to cause a malfunction if you have a weak first round, debris, murphy's law etc... Especially magazines where you have to really push in that last round... I know the chance of it is pretty slim but I have seen it happen so usually I just load a full magazine then chamber one round. Other magazines are downloaded one or two rounds.
That's why you go to the range and test each mag several dozen times. That should eliminate any such fears.

Perhaps I have been absent from crucial and recognizable pertinent events (other than my own). But I always thought that armchair quarterbacks imposed their distasteful presence (and dubious advice) either during or AFTER the game.

I am sorry. Perhaps I have been remiss toward current social norms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top