JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's very possible. There is no telling how hard a guy can hit and what may be messed up with someone's head.
If someone had had head trauma before,it's very likely the right blow from the right guy could do it. Look how many experienced fighters,who are used to taking punches,drop like a sack a potatoes against some other fighters. Most of us wouldn't last one or two punches from even some amateur boxers.
And of course there is the bounce factor. If you did get cold cocked your head would have a good chance of bouncing off the back,the worst place to get hit.
I talk about this in these threads about robbers coming into the house. You never know who it may be or what fighting experience they may have.

There have been some cases of people dying after a barroom punch, and others being sentenced for it. IIRC the death happens a few hours or days later. Kinda like those skiing accidents.

IMG_2051.jpg
And hit 11 out of 10 targets with 9 bullets.

No doubts in my mind that I must look to a predator like that 3-legged wildebeest does to a pride of lions - 70 YO and moving with a limp. I am totally unable to run away or go mano-a-mano with some guy in the prime of life. I also am taking blood thinners after a heart attack, so any impact could cause internal bleeding, cranial hemmorhage, or a stroke. I always try to treat other people with respect and good will, and would retreat if it were an option regardless of SYG, if for no other reason than it's a lot less expensive and inconvenient than having to shoot some clown who takes unbrage at everything. OTOH, if said cretin is determined to do me harm I shoot better than I fight or run, so If I have to I will shoot but that would be with no other viable options.

Recent:
Instapundit » Blog Archive » NOT NICE: Woman, 25, shoves elderly man off bus so hard it killed him after he asked her to be nice…
"NOT NICE: Woman, 25, shoves elderly man off bus so hard it killed him after he asked her to be nicer. "Serge Fournier was reportedly telling a fellow passenger on the bus to be politer to others when he was pushed by a woman, landing head first on the pavement. The woman, Cadesha Michelle Bishop, is facing a murder charge for the fatal shove on March 21 this year in Las Vegas.""

Had a patient that had been hit once. Brain dead ever since his junior year in HS. He died from a simple urinary tract infection 10 years later.

Had an encounter with a neighbor's grandson. HOA evicted me for 6 months because I drew a pistol after he threatened to punch my wife and kill me. The Board's explanation was that I hadn't been assaulted so I had no right to defend myself. Police wrote it up as a clear case of self defense against a career felon and DID classify it as an assault. F'ing idiots. Attorney said it was a loser in court. Tough pill to swallow. Still QUITE bitter.

Then you have that crowd that's into grappling. I'm getting too old to deal with the young steroid monkey grapplers. Once they get you on the ground then it's a bad situation that likely won't get better.

If you punch a guy hard enough in his Adams apple crushing it to the back of his throat it will break it and he will be drowned in his own blood killing him. A rabbit punch can be deadly also.
It is considered especially dangerous because it can damage the cervical vertebrae and subsequently the spinal cord, which may lead to serious and irreparable spinal cord injury. A rabbit punch can also detach the victim's brain from the brain stem, which can killinstantly.

Looking at #17 it seems like the threatened witness would have been justified in treating Beach as an assailant if he got within Tueller distance. Beach was already a convicted felon for doing GBH with his hands, and had killed a man with one punch. Then said he and his brother meant to do harm. If I were that witness II think I would be carrying a Black Aces 12 ga.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top