JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Generally not the punch, it's the head bouncing off the concrete that does the damage. Avoid altercations, this was unfortunate but anytime someone might swing on you can't be justification to shoot.

That's too bad. For everyone involved. Well...Just remember the wrong bonk on the head can do this sometimes. This is why refs check fighters.

Two people not being patient and now one has to live with this.

Didnt this also happen a few years ago, if I recall a pro sports player punched a guy who died instantly?

Its rare but it happens.

'Something like road rage': Man dies after altercation in construction zone in Northeast

I know there are no guns in the article.

But for self defense, it is good to know what you may be facing. Don't let someone hit you before taking action to defend yourself.
A very well placed, extremely hard hitting punch with a knuckle landing right on the temple could do it but it would be very hard to get the right mix of the power, precision, and impact force to do that.

A very well placed, extremely hard hitting punch with a knuckle landing right on the temple could do it but it would be very hard to get the right mix of the power, precision, and impact force to do that.
Chuck Norris once heard that nothing can kill him, so he tracked down nothing and killed it with one punch.

Sorry to read that the guy died...

There is a whole bunch more in that story, it seems to me anyways.

I'm thinking some type of "construction wars". Victim worked for a different construction company, yet always parked his company truck there. Maybe lost a cush contract? Who knows though. The way the story was written, makes it seem as though the deceased was the neighborhood "don"...err parking his company truck there at 1:30, to make it easier for him to get home at 3?

Then there's the naturalized citizen aspect, which is great & all...but aren't there a few US citizens who can, or would like to work construction.

I know of multiple scientists working in healthcare (there is a defined shortage of US citizen clinical scientists) whom are working towards becoming US citizens, a few are nearing a decade of sponsored working Visa transitioned to green card. The legal minutia with which they have put up with, as well as out of pocket costs is simply dumbfounding. Maybe they should have gone into construction?

Chuck Norris once heard that nothing can kill him, so he tracked down nothing and killed it with one punch.
%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F03%2FMachete-Danny-Trejo-Cuck-Norris-never-Heard-of-Her-150x150.jpg

I've been sucker punched before and knocked out for a moment. Luckily my brother was there to restrain him until I came to. Then watched me fight the guy until he had enough. Afterwards my brother told me "never take your eyes off of someone that's pissed at you". Haven't made that mistake again.

I've been sucker punched before and knocked out for a moment. Luckily my brother was there to restrain him until I came to. Then watched me fight the guy until he had enough. Afterwards my brother told me "never take your eyes off of someone that's pissed at you". Haven't made that mistake again.
Yeah...There are a ton of people out there who want to win at all cost. These people like to think their warriors but are really girls. Dangerous...Girls. lol.

This happens quite often. This happened to a kid at a high school.

That's whats scary. If someone is trying to attack me who knows if there punch or kick won't kill me.
If they attack me with my kids there's no question.

A one strike kill is certainly possible! Rare, but possible. It's really like a sloppily fired bullet, can't call it back after the impact!
I've always believed that getting into a, near, fighting posture is the best procedure. If it intimidates the other guy, (I'm big) so much the better. If not, then I'm still not going to be caught off guard!
'Course I'm so old now that I couldn't defend against a teacup chihuahua! So, I guess, look meek and be prepared to draw.
So sad, about these deaths! Many seem to be drug or alcohol fueled! :(

I tend to think it's possible.. During my college years I watched at least two guys on two separate occasions get punched once and go into convulsions. Maybe they were nowhere near death, but it sure didn't look right. It didn't look like the movies, that's for sure.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top