JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yep, there's folks that I steer clear of.

Reading this thread, the OP is now one. And I'll be the first to admit that could be a prejudice, as I know nothing about him.

This thread smells like trollery to me, and I don't know if any post by the OP isn't a lure for an argument.

Sometime down the road, I just might discover otherwise, and could well discover the OP's intentions are constructive.

What were we told about first impressions?

WAYNO.

When attempting to sway opinions, or even express your own, it's often best to pick your battles carefully, and rely on quality over quantity, in terms of posts and the topics they address.

Lotsa folks love to point to the 1st amendment when they post a differing opinion for instance. In a forum that is 2nd Amendment centric, if that differing opinion is in anyway anti-2nd Amendment, you can expect to be called out for being a dumbazz.
If that upsets your sense of "fair play," please refer to that same 1st Amendment, as it applies to all sides of any given argument. And the highest post count(s) in the forum won't change that.
Including the one you might disagree with, or that disagrees with you.

They're just words. If they hurt or offend someone, oh well. That door swings both ways though. Be prepared to get as good as you give, and defend your position.
It's up to the forum consensus or moderators to determine if it's justified or not, or if it goes too far.

When you choose to enter the debate, keep quality in mind as you type.
And then your post count won't matter (as) much.

Choose where to engage.

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it.

What nobody is entitled to is to force somebody to share that opinion.

Pick yer battles.

You have 58 likes of 196 posts.:s0094:

That's like 87% likes.:confused:

Oh wait, I brought out my "tip" calculator....it's 25% likes.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

SOMEONE must agree with you.:s0104:

I am GUESSING you are in your 20"s???:s0056:

Some topics I just stay away from, because I have very strong feelings against the "flow of the thread".:)

No need to cause trouble because I am the only who "disagrees".:)

I doubt VERY seriously I will change anyone's mind with a chat room discussion......:)

Best thing to do is just know you are right, and everyone else is wrong, and sleep well at night knowing that.:s0090:

BACK OFF DUDE!:D:D:D

PS; I've "liked" you more than once, but don't read anything into that...;)

I have a simple rule when it comes to posting on a forum: I never say something on the forum that I wouldn't say directly to your face. I don't expect everybody to agree with me or like what I say but after awhile you can get a good idea of who is who, how they think and who to ignore. Mommy always said life is like a box of chocolates, some are sweet and some are nuts.:)

There are a few members on here that have stronger and different opinions than the rest of some members on here.. And depending on the topic there are guys on here that all agree 99% of the time but that one subject they dont agree on.

I dont think its personal at all brother.
Ive been on the receiving end of scrutiny here. We have had a lot of new members come and either post false information, bait or otherwise cause arguements just for their own enjoyment.. Perhaps your posts were looked at in that light?

Stick around long enough, its all good.
New posts to have fun with and express your opinions. The mods are pretty good at shutting down both sides of an opinion when a debate goes too far on a thread and goes off topic.

Trust me, so long as you support 2A rights and everything that entails you're still a welcomed member. Thats what this whole site is about. :) opinions on other subjects will always differ, so no worries.

Edit*
It could be worse, this could be AR15com or Warriortalkforum.. Those sites are awash with tools.

Hell, site staff is the biggest and most egregious bunch of toolbags on AR15com, also known as bArfkkkom.

Again, there's been a lot of misunderstanding here. None of this is about acceptance, approval of opinion, it was about what's the level one needs to be at to be allowed to engage in the community as a whole.

So far in the forums, I've viewed people make openly racist, and homophobic posts and remarks. I've seen people condone and suggest and attempt to incite violence?

I've seen these same members routinely bandwagon with each other and jump on others and personaly attack. People start to defend themselves and what do you know, an admin comes along and cleans it all up.

That seems to be OK here. That's OK, it's not my circus. Not my monkeys. I just know it's not something I want to be a part of or support. This is a firearms advocacy group.

Ideas are important and should be shared (not always accepted) Telling one section of a community or allowing a subsection of your community to to tell others they don't matter is lame.

Again, no one needs to agree with each other. We can all have different opinions. As long as you foster, allow and in some cases celebrate members within a community who bully others, you're not really supporting a community.

Edit*
My original post may have come off as whiney like "waa no one likes me" I want to assure you that's not a concern of mine. I don't need or expect anyone to like me or high five me. I was attempting to draw attention to an issue I observed. I'm sorry if it was not clear in content. Like I stated prior, it's all good, I get a few things I didn't before. Thanks everyone for the input.

Last Edited:
Again, there's been a lot of misunderstanding here. None of this is about acceptance, approval of opinion, it was about what's the level one needs to be at to be allowed to engage in the community as a whole.

So far in the forums, I've viewed people make openly racist, and homophobic posts and remarks. I've seen people condone and suggest and attempt to incite violence?

I've seen these same members routinely bandwagon with each other and jump on others and personaly attack. People start to defend themselves and what do you know, an admin comes along and cleans it all up.

That seems to be OK here. That's OK, it's not my circus. Not my monkeys. I just know it's not something I want to be a part of or support. This is a firearms advocacy group.

Ideas are important and should be shared (not always accepted) Telling one section of a community or allowing a subsection of your community to to tell others they don't matter is lame.

Again, no one needs to agree with each other. We can all have different opinions. As long as you foster, allow and in some cases celebrate members within a community who bully others, you're not really supporting a community.

Thinking that if you want to be part of the environment that you should adjust your sensitivity. But if you are just here to throw stones then expect a heck of a lot more thrown at you by the members.

This site may be too much for a sensitive person like yourself, not intended as an insult, just an observation by your post.o_O

See my edit above Just Jim. I'm not losing any sleep over this. But I will say that it only seems fair that if people want to argue, make statements and disrespect people they allow for rebuttal and not hide behind admins when they get a similar response.

See my edit above Just Jim. I'm not losing any sleep over this. But I will say that it only seems fair that if people want to argue, make statements and disrespect people they allow for rebuttal and not hide behind admins when they get a similar response.

Edits and deletions don't enhance your credibility. Say what you want to say then defend your opinion with facts. Respect on the net isn't just given, it has to be earned with time and a consistent stand. If what you have to say is just a feeling with no facts then tell people it's just your opinion but opinions are weighed with your credibility.o_O Jmho

Again, I'm not concerned with earning respect from this community, I've made my point pretty clear. My question was simply how many posts does this community want a person to have before they allow them to participate. It has zero to do with accepting or agreeing with a person's opinion. It has to do with senior members here telling others they don't rate to be involved which is bullbubblegum.

Soj,
Keep in mind.... A few times a year a "new" member joins with staunch left agenda and sometimes acts like a like minded honest pro 2A member then before too long the liberal left shines through sometimes it it painfully obvious within one or two posts other times it shows in a heated debate.

I have had my fair share of disagreements with members here, I have my opinions and usually have no trouble sharing them, Heck I could have even been wrong once (Its bound to happen sooner or later). But you have to get over it or move along.

Then there is some in-betweeners, Gun owners who feel some gun control is OK others who feel someone should not protect there own property or assets etc. You wont always get everyone to agree and the huge majority will not.

The thread you got worked up about looked to most everyone like we had a plant among us, Obvious disagreement of people or group (organized or not) protecting property and life of others asking for there help. If I were closer I would jump right in my truck and went to help. I personally would have no issue stopping a looter or thug (Happily) no matter the race.

Too answer your original question, The proper post count for automatic respect and to be vested here is 846 and a 1/2. If you don't land exactly on that number other will have varying opinions.

Remember.... 846.5 is the one. just don't tell. :)

Can't we just all get along?

Remember ultimately we are all on the same side. One big happy family. And like all big happy family's there are always a few bastards and morons in the mix. If you don't know who there are you might be one

Again, I'm not concerned with earning respect from this community, I've made my point pretty clear. My question was simply how many posts does this community want a person to have before they allow them to participate. It has zero to do with accepting or agreeing with a person's opinion. It has to do with senior members here telling others they don't rate to be involved which is bullbubblegum.

This isn't my house so I try to show respect for the owner. Nobody wants to be part of a dysfunctional family so no sense in stirring the pot. I suggest if you have something you feel is worth sharing then do so but if you know it will bring controversy then do it at your own risk:D

I give most people respect until they do something to lose it.o_O

Can't we just all get along?

Remember ultimately we are all on the same side. One big happy family. And like all big happy family's there are always a few bastards and morons in the mix. If you don't know who there are you might be one

I agree with you IronMonster, we are all here because we support the 2nd amendment. I'm done. No more complaining from me. Thanks for all the advice and perspective everyone.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top