JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey Johnny, we should get you up to the Mt Hood Cleanup this Sat. We need a supervisor to keep these Yahoo's working! :);) We'll even treat you to lunch! We shoot after lunch.

Let us know if you'd like to come and we'll try to find someone to pick you up.

Cogs
The clean up sounds fun. I would help in any way I could. I am still capable of picking up trash and depositing it into a trash bag. All i need is the ride there.

That sounds like a heck of a gun you've built. V seven is definitely not in my price range, haha.
I live out in Scappoose, our forests are pretty open, and there are plenty of places to shoot. I know that there are 500+ yard areas to shoot, but I don't know where exactly they are :(. There is a pretty cool canyon that I have seen people shooting across, but I'm not sure if that is frowned upon or not. I will go for a drive this weekend and see what I can find. I need to try a new 9mm load anyways.
I was also thinking about heading out to the English Pit in Vancouver sometime soon, and using their 100yd range to site in a couple of rifles. I have never been there though.
I started shooting out in your neck of the woods. I grew up in Rainier. Spent my summers with my father in Rainier and the school year was spent in NW Portland. My father was with the Rainier police in the 80's and he would bring home the most intresting guns and rifles. It was always a blast. The V Seven rifle i just finished took 8 to 9 months for me to build. I would order a few parts each month and I put it together that way.
My biggest problem is that I am unable to drive. I would love to have a reliable beater car but with fuel prices and insaine insurence costs, it would tap me out. Im already paying an arm and leg for a wheelchair accessible house here in SE. Portland.
About the rifle.... It looks so cool and it is very light ( compared to my M4 clone) The rifle has a light waight profile barrel that i am told by others can sub moa at 300 yards and that seems to be everything I want, i hope.

Got out there again today to shoot. Had a lot of fun, enjoyed the nice weather before it got too hot. Tried out my new AR from PSA, my Father's Day rifle kit. Worked flawlessly! I was disappointed at the amount of trash up in the lane though. Next time I got up I will be bringing a few bags. I can't handle those big tires though.

Who else got out there this weekend? image.jpeg

Bonus: A beautiful view from the top of the hill:
image.jpeg

Went up to my usual spot, but did not see anybody all morning. How many people got out to shoot today and where did you end up going? I usually wind up west of Scappoose/St Helens.

View attachment 288491

View attachment 288493

I spent all day yesterday watching all the episodes on the History Channel of their American Revolution series.

There is just no way that I could go out shooting this weekend after watching that series. I would be looking all over for someone British to shoot!! :eek::eek:

Yes, I took my wife to the range today. She helped me prep targets for the 600 yard match on Tuesday, then we went to the indoor range and she tried out her new 22. It doesn't have a scope on it, and the iron sights are kind of hard for senior eyes to see very well. It was shooting at about 2:00 3 inches from the point of aim at 50 feet. We will get a scope for it and get it dialed in right after she retires, but that won't be for another 9 months or so.

Got out there again yesterday, worked on some .223 loads for my AR, and did some longer distance shots with my carry pistol. Was able to get in about 2 hours of practice before the rain came back in. Also, I'd like to say thank you to whoever left the 175 pieces of .223 brass in my spot, they cleaned up just fine :)

Who else braved the weather to shoot this weekend?

View attachment 312970 I got out doing load development for 6mmbr.

Shot this with the old load at 100.

I keep wanting to say I got all my shots in Lincoln's head but that's just not right.

How many shots there, Sir? if I might be so bold as to ax.

This is a three-shot group from my thirty-year old Krico in .308 Win, for comparison with your modern 'wonderbuss' :)

upload_2016-9-19_20-10-13.png

tac, old f*rt.

Is DRRC accepting new members right now? As nice as the freedom is, I wouldn't mind getting out of the woods once in awhile.

I asked about that this weekend and it looks like they are still taking new members. A co-worker just joined up last month. I was told they may cap it here down the road, so if you're interested in joining, I wouldn't wait too long. As far as I know, it's one of the only ranges in the greater Portland area that is currently taking members without a waiting list. In almost every way, it's better than shooting in the woods - at least you don't have to deal with drunks and tweakers at the range.

I asked about that this weekend and it looks like they are still taking new members. A co-worker just joined up last month. I was told they may cap it here down the road, so if you're interested in joining, I wouldn't wait too long. As far as I know, it's one of the only ranges in the greater Portland area that is currently taking members without a waiting list. In almost every way, it's better than shooting in the woods - at least you don't have to deal with drunks and tweakers at the range.

I better get a move on, then. The application is sitting on my desk.

Wait...so I won't have to load my pistol to walk down and check my targets? I will check it out, my dad and I are looking for a club to join. Thanks.

I better get a move on, then. The application is sitting on my desk.

Wait...so I won't have to load my pistol to walk down and check my targets? I will check it out, my dad and I are looking for a club to join. Thanks.

There are a number of folks on NWFA that are DRRC members. Nice place, and for the times I shoot, usually not crowded. Pretty decent folks and the RSO's don't seem over the top.

I'll be back out there again myself the morning of 10/8 to put in some of my work hours at the hunter sight-in that day. If you want to look arose me for a few minutes, I can be available briefly around noon before I need to split. Otherwise, if you call the club, they should be able to arrange for someone to give you the nickel tour.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top