JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prime example of this thread and whats been mentioned:

Just got off the phone with my old man and boy oh boy you couldnt paint a better picture of ignorance is bliss:

We were talking about guns, mostly along the lines of a MP 2.0 he has and he was curious why it had no safety. I had to explain about how there is a safety mechanism in the gun to prevent a discharge at mechanical fault if you dont pull the trigger and how the trigger itself is a safety to a degree and the big key one being TRIGGER DISCIPLINE. Course he knows TD since he tought me that from an early age and the other fundamentals.

Anyways, we got around to mid terms and the votes results and he wasnt too pleased to learn what has been resulted which after informing him of current anti 2A agendas and IP43/44. He says to me "ya but that only affects semi auto rifles like the AR". I had to quickly correct him and reference the materials listed in its description broken down and the organization we had here to prevent it. After that he had changed his tone and seemed just as equally displeased as the rest of us here.

Now he doesnt vote (yes a problem) but thats his own right and freedom as a US citizen. Now with that this whole thread and whats been discussed the last few days just came and hit me like a train wreck. Ill informed voters or non voters really do prevent us turning better results. Even if he was voting the fact he was unaware of what IP43/44 would have fully done would have gone ignored. Would it have passed this would have been one of the topic discussions we would have been having for sure. If there is one, there is many more.

Folks its important to get out and educate as many people as you respectively can without coming off as forcing. We need a better informed mass of gun owners and a better informed voter. You can start as close as friends and family and work outward from that. Not informing will lead to far greater problems down the road, not just in the immediate spot.

Last Edited:
Conservative values are to live and let live.

That's why you will not any republicans at a grocery store hitting up anyone and everyone to learn about a bill or ballet measure. Like liberal values.

Until we learn to play by their book, we won't do very well.

I know this and though it is saddening, I do my part where I can when I can on the things I can.

Prime example of this thread and whats been mentioned:

Just got off the phone with my old man and boy oh boy you couldnt paint a better picture of ignorance is bliss:

We were talking about guns, mostly along the lines of a MP 2.0 he has and he was curious why it had no safety. I had to explain about how there is a safety mechanism in the gun to prevent a discharge at mechanical fault if you dont pull the trigger and how the trigger itself is a safety to a degree and the big key one being TRIGGER DISCIPLINE. Course he knows TD since he tought me that from an early age and the other fundamentals.

Anyways, we got around to mid terms and the votes results and he wasnt too pleased to learn what has been resulted which after informing him of current anti 2A agendas and IP43/44. He says to me "ya but that only affects semi auto rifles like the AR". I had to quickly correct him and reference the materials listed in its description broken down and the organization we had here to prevent it. After that he had changed his tone and seemed just as equally displeased as the rest of us here.

Now he doesnt vote (yes a problem) but thats his own right and freedom as a US citizen. Now with that this whole thread and whats been discussed the last few days just came and hit me like a train wreck. Ill informed voters or non voters really do prevent us turning better results. Even if he was voting the fact he was unaware of what IP43/44 would have fully done would have gone ignored. Would it have passed this would have been one of the topic discussions we would have been having for sure. If there is one, there is many more.

Folks its important to get out and educate as many people as you respectively can without coming off as forcing. We need a better informed mass of gun owners and a better informed voter. You can start as close as friends and family and work outward from that. Not informing will lead to far greater problems down the road, not just in the immediate spot.

This is exactly the information that was put out in the Grassroots NRA meetings. It is also what I have been doing every chance I could get with strangers that I'd met before the election.
Imagine the outcome if every one of us would have informed a dozen people and those informed a dozen and so on. That could have been a real good start.

What was NOT done can't be undone.

Rather, it is important to remember that 1.1M+ people did vote NO on 1639 (roughly 1/7th of the state).

Now, getting 10%+ of those NO voters to a peaceful rally in Olympia during the next session...that WILL get noticed, even if it were on a Saturday.

If the NRA/SAF and WA citizens want to start turning the tide, something like that, as well as the proactively reaching out to positively change the image of law abiding gun owners in a very notable way (free range days, free training, free BBQ's, etc.) needs to start happening...like NOW.

BOSS

What I can tell you is it failed in 34 counties, and passed in 5.
Time for a state electoral college

BTW mine did not, since 2008 and the declaration of party, mine has the incorrect signature every 2 years. I fill out the card, send it in, next 2 years same stuff.
Tomorrow Im hand carrying it to Oly, hope they have ear plugs.

BTWx2 A guy came to my house on Sunday and told me mine did not go though.

My household voted "NO" to I-1639...but with that said...

I did talk to "a lot"* of gun owners who really didn't have a clue as to the far reaching consequences of the initiative..or just plain didn't care as they didn't like AR rifles and such , and felt the initiative wouldn't affect them and their guns.

A better untied front as gun owners is needed as well as a far better public image.
Anytime you can combat the stereotype of the racist , fearful , slob gun owner is a win...this needs to happen more often and fast.
Andy
*"a lot" as in often and with as many gun owners as I could ...but I really couldn't give you any real numbers here....

There it is right there. Many, and I mean many gun owners do not vote. Many also still vote liberals. Look how many are still wishing Hilary had won. That is the problem.

I may be off the mark, but IMHO, until such time that we get multiple HIGHLY motivated, highly dedicated, capable and relatively fresh folks with living wage salaries who's sole purpose are to work full-time to reach out in a presentable and welcoming fashion to positively represent law-abiding gun owners, its going to be tough going. We need articulate, friendly people who can and will do this full time...and not 'on the cheap' either...appropriate expense account, company car, decent (above flea bag) lodging. Canvas the state(s), thinking outside the box and facilitating positive interactions. Businesses during the week, matches and ranges on weekends. Maybe FB page or app showing where they are, what theyre doing, and where they are heading. In person. All.The.Time. And not having to worry about employment repercussions.

Volunteerism and grassroots is great and essential, but we need some good folks doing this full-time with some backing.

My $.02 worth.

Boss

I may be off the mark, but IMHO, until such time that we get multiple HIGHLY motivated, highly dedicated, capable and relatively fresh folks with living wage salaries who's sole purpose are to work full-time to reach out in a presentable and welcoming fashion to positively represent law-abiding gun owners, its going to be tough going. We need articulate, friendly people who can and will do this full time...and not 'on the cheap' either...appropriate expense account, company car, decent (above flea bag) lodging. Canvas the state(s), thinking outside the box and facilitating positive interactions. Businesses during the week, matches and ranges on weekends. Maybe FB page or app showing where they are, what theyre doing, and where they are heading. In person. All.The.Time. And not having to worry about employment repercussions.

Volunteerism and grassroots is great and essential, but we need some good folks doing this full-time with some backing.

My $.02 worth.

Boss

I volunteer as tribute!

From my understanding King County sealed WA fate on 1639. We had a problem in Oregon where we got drowned out along with spiteful flip voters and others who just didnt bother.

Because of this slip the damage has been done and now our state holds a super majority eager to get into 2019 and cause more infringement. Unfortunately i feel that we are rather slow to the get up because not a lot of people are informed or really care until its too late to reverse course.

Complacency kills and ignorance is bliss.

Another problem i feel locally in state is that we dont try to defend the 2A until its currently under attack like we did with IP43/44. We did stop it but we havent done much to ensure we get something put in place to block future attempts beyond throw more money at NRA/OFF etc. There is IP8 but thats waiting for later ballot (maybe).

Too little too late...
You are exactly right sir!

Some of these ballot measures are confusing. This is my wife's second time voting since she became a citizen. The wording seemed reversed to her on some measures and I'm sure many more. Not that I-1639 should have even made it to the ballot but I don't know how it was written and I hope people understood what they were voting for.

Also, the only Republican I received any email or mailers from was Knute. I was flooded with all sorts of stuff from democrats. Pretty much daily. Not that it did any good. But they were shameless. If republicans want to get in the game in the PNW they better get in the game. If they expect people to go looking for them they are already losing.

Didn't vote? = Can't grumble about the outcome.
This is sooo true.
Having been to countries where folks can only wish and dream for the ability to choose their form of government or laws....I can not understand why there are folks here , that choose not to

Even if you do not like the choices laid out for you ..."If you choose not to decide , you still have made a choice..." as the song says...
Andy

This is sooo true.
Having been to countries where folks can only wish and dream for the ability to choose their form of government or laws....I can not understand why there are folks here , that choose not to
Andy

Because it's 5 minutes they'll never get back, you know, walking all the way back out the mail box and all, uphill, both ways, in the blowing snow...and/or it didn't effect their deer rifle, and/or they donated $20 to the NRA, and/or they believe their votes don't mean anything and/or they don't want to 'wind up on a list.'

While we get the need to vent as well as feel comradery and support, 'woulda/coulda/shoulda' isn't super beneficial at the moment other perhaps than some form of a learning tool. They had more votes than us. That's it. Use that for inspiration and move forward to turn tide in the next round(s). Which has to happen, or its going to get worse, worse, worse...

BOSS

I keep seeing this "Washington is controlled by King County..." but the reality of the I-1639 issue is that 13 counties voted for (including Spokane County) the initiative. Total yes votes came from slightly less than 39% of the registered voters. Even with the initiative passing in mostly western Washington counties, there wasn't enough of a approval margin to prevent a NO victory if MORE GUN RIGHTS VOTERS had voted NO. Only 59% of registered voters voted on this initiative. It lost by about 55,000 votes. To me, just about any election could be won in Washington if the group that keeps crying about it being controlled by King County were to actually vote. Our biggest enemies are apathy, ignorance and complacency. People who didn't vote because "my vote doesn't count" are the ones responsible for losing our rights. Change my mind.
November 6, 2018 General Election Results - Initiative Measure No. 1639 Initiative Measure No. 1639 concerns firearms.

^^It passed by more like ~560,000 votes...that being said, had all the registered republican/conservative/moderate voters taken the 5 minutes to submit their ballots, yes, it likely could have been defeated.

So, the real question now is: What actions can be taken when the new session starts in about 8 weeks to turn the tide? Its going to be a much tougher battle with the dem control in Olympia now.

Defeating 1639 in court could be a great start, but the risk is provoking/magnifying a backlash from the politicians.

Boss

Yesterdays good can become tomorrows evil. The struggle will continue so long as good men do nothing.

Already has eh. And the struggle has always been and always will be. Good men need to carry on!

No offense to baby boomers, but once you are gone, things will get a bit more interesting. New generation conservatives aren't as stubborn as the older ones, and I hope for my sake we come together and start playing the game on equal terms.

Be thankful for older generations. We've been keeping it together and suffering and dying. It is the later generations that have lost it.

Conservative values are to live and let live.

That's why you will not any republicans at a grocery store hitting up anyone and everyone to learn about a bill or ballet measure. Like liberal values.

Until we learn to play by their book, we won't do very well.

So we should become what we fight eh?

Some of these ballot measures are confusing. This is my wife's second time voting since she became a citizen. The wording seemed reversed to her on some measures and I'm sure many more. Not that I-1639 should have even made it to the ballot but I don't know how it was written and I hope people understood what they were voting for.

I was astonished when some of my friends mentioned the ballot wording was confusing... seems they don't bother to read the voter's guide or do any other kind of research. I'd really rather those kind of people just didn't vote.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top