JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As we get closer to NWFA V4, we're analyzing which features we use and which might not make it to the next version. Judging purely on statistics it looks like the chat doesn't get used much, but I'd like to get some feedback rather than making the call just based on that. For those of you who don't know we have a live chat (probably quite a few of you), there's a link to it at the bottom of the page :)
Chat isn't the same without pinkhammer....:(

@Joe Link ,
The dynamics have changed allot, chats were a thing, but then texting and Messengers took over.
The resources a Chat uses is not worth it in my opinion. There are better alternatives. The times I have popped in there
its just people talking about there days which is fine, but there are other better equipped resources as mention.
Chats also have been around since about 1997, its old tech that really is out dated for any practical use. Ive used it maybe 20 times since I joined compared to the 6,500 posts. I think it would be similar in knowing most members post as a priority. That and there are a few social areas already, so a chat in my opinion wont be used by me maybe 10 times in the next 5 years LOL

Until 2 days ago I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS A CHAT FEATURE. Ooops, caps lock. How do you get to it? I think if there was a link on the main page more people would use it.

I mean, it's just some clown talking about what's for dinner... i think a scheduled time would be best, but honestly I probably wouldn't use it much. I get more information being able to scroll through a thread.
Also first time I've been on.

Glad it will stay, as some need that public recognition :p
I don't use, even after reading this a week ago .
Not sure how it fits, as others sites the Chat is slow on use, maybe the nature of things.
But on a few other sites they seem to have others that just lurk and say hi to everyone that enter.
SM is like that. Regulars can be seen all day long and night.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top