JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even though Oregon does not recognize other states concealed carry
permits, there are a hand full that will honor Oregon permits. No clue
why they do, but ???? Hope in my lifetime that any one with a state carry
can go anywhere and be honored!:s0155:

Once this website comes to full fruition of what I had in my mind when I started it, better reciprocity is going to be one of the first things we petition for :s0155:

One benefit of the Utah CCW permit that has not been touched upon is...

RECIPROCITY!

The Utah permit is recognized in more than 30 states, unlike the Oregon permit.

I have both, by the way. Had a Washington permit, but... they did not notify me when it was up for renewal, and it lapsed. Rather than get it again, I got the Utah permit.

There are now approximately 22 or fewer states that recognize a UT license possessed by a person who is not a resident of Utah. The list is on a shrinking trend though up until recently it was a growing trend.

If you don't plan on traveling to much more than the PNW then Washington is probably the better one to get. It is cheaper and easier to get other than having to apply in person. If you live close to the border and ever go into Washington there aren't really any good excuses for not having one. :D

New Hampshire is easy to get and it used to only cost $20. Now it's $100. You just need a copy of the front and back of any state issued handgun license, the filled out application, a check, and can do it through the mail.

Yes Oregon only but really need to get off my butt and get the Washington one. I have friends to visit up there and I hate to go up there naked.

I carry smaller guns in the heat and larger guns in the cold. My LCP is always with regaurdless of anything else I'm carrying.

I got my CHL in 90 or 91. Used to pack an AMT Backup or a Para P12, now a Dan Wesson CBOB. (all .45) Rarely I'll pack the wife's S&W Lazer gripped Airweight. I've also got a 1908 .380 Colt, but it's not really any easier to hide than the CBOB.

Have an Oregon CHL and a Kimber Pro CDP II that rides in a couple of Ted Blocker holsters year 'round. (even in the summer :))

Very rarely will I downsize to my S&W 'J' frame and rarer still to my Seecamp in a pocket holster (of course a Ted Blocker too :)). Buy local!!

My WA. CPL should be arriving in about 1 week. I will carry a Kahr P380 in a Uncle Mike's pocket holster size 1. I took the OR. Class in 2003. But never got around to applying for it. Does any one know if there is a expiration date for the OR training certificate?

I got my OR CHL in January of this year and my UT CFP in March of this year. I normally carry my G19, but I will sometimes carry my 1911 custom commander in .45ACP when I want to "dress-up". :s0114:
My wife got her OR CHL in July of this year. Her purse is just a bit heavier now that it's hiding a S&W Airweight in .38SPL. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top