JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
this started on another posting where a member said I was open for a no knock raid by openly shooting on my property here in Washington state

now, i'm not concerned, I shoot all times of day and night, as do many of my neighbors

I have both pistol and rifle ranges set up out here

are any of you bothered by even your neighbors shooting on their property

I do it all the time. Years and years ago when I was a youngster a sheriff deputy showed up cause someone had complained. My brother and I told him to tell her to move back to town if she didn't like it........ He knew we could shoot legally but asked us to hold off till he got to the other side of the county.....LOL.

I had my neighbor complain just once
we were firing .22 sub sonic and he could hear the rounds hit the logs on our berm, but didn't hear any shooting
it disturbed his visitors, so he asked me to stop as long as they were there
and like a good neighbor, I held off until his city dwelling friends were gone
it appears city dwellers are upset at the sound of gunfire or bullets impacting logs

We always called up the SO non emergency phone number and told the answering person we would be safely shooting. The SO used to know who we were. No problem. Rural Oregon on private property. Haven't shot lately. Covid. Pre solved any misunderstandings by idiot others.

All NFA and Oregon State Laws apply.

We can legally shoot on our property but limit it to test rounds only due to neighbors with horse arenas. I would politely explain the legality of shooting on private property in the county if they complained.

The bigger nuisance is the fireworks from a nearby neighborhood 4-5 times a year.!

Smiles,

We can legally shoot on our property but limit it to test rounds only due to neighbors with horse arenas. I would politely explain the legality of shooting on private property in the county if they complained.

The bigger nuisance is the fireworks from a nearby neighborhood 4-5 times a year.!

Smiles,
we have big timber loggers living down the hill from us
they throw 1/4 sticks of dynamite when they have parties
in 24 years, Sheriff never showed up

a Californian moved up here and started an Alpaca ranch just 200 yrds away
I guess his animals have adapted, never heard of him complaining

This is a typical conflict in rural areas. People from a noisy city move to the country thinking they are going to live in the peace and repose of mother nature, beauty and bucolic bliss. Suddenly they find their neighbor has his own gun range next door, or likes to run his motocross bikes on his property all day, has his fields sprayed with pesticides by plane, raises cattle or other animals and has a waste lagoon, has pals over who like to party until all hours playing loud music while they work on cars, operates a tractor sometimes nonstop in season, wants to pretend it's WW-III on 4th of July with massive fireworks purchased from an Indian reservation. Whatever. If you've ever lived in the country then you know that any noise can carry for miles out there, and pesticides/smells blow with the wind. Mr. and Mrs. ex-urban suddenly find they are stuck in their private version of Hell with dreams destroyed and hating their new home. They run to county officials demanding all these "impacts" stop immediately.

For all those city dwellers who want to move to the country, I suggest they first live out there for a few months on a trial basis. Find out what it is really like. Get grounded in reality and let go of the pipe dream. And don't think for a minute that moving to the country gives license to change the way rural people think, work, or behave.

When grandpa passed away and Grandma moved into a mobile home on my aunts property so she could look after her and the time came to sell grandpas place (Right next door on 3.5 acres along with my dads house) The neighborhood stumbled all over itself to see which church member would be able to buy it. The guy who ended up with it asked my dad what the neighbor hood was like being right on hwy 213 between Silverton and Salem.

Dad said well theres a lot of traffic. (at this time the guy had 12 kids on their way to 15) The guys says no problem they are used to traffic.
Dad said well the Neighbors farm all around us so tractors until 10-11 at night at times. The guy says no problem we come from farmers and some of the kids will find jobs.
Dad said well Andy Ulvin collects firearms and shoots about 5,000 rounds a week down across the hwy and behind his house. And the Guy says no problem they can put up with some shooting.

Dad says the deal was made the guy and his 12-15 kids moved right in and the place hasn't had a quiet moment since!

I just came in from planting potatoes
30 min ago, someone was firing a full auto in the south hills above the North Fork of the Lewis River
that was not a reflex trigger - it was full auto - 15 rnd burst, a mag reload and 2 more 15 rnd burst
no fair - you didn't invite me!!!

Weird. I'm upset by the sound of city dwellers flapping their gums.
Cortadito-1.png

Cortado?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews