JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think you can have too many guns, mags, ammo, flashlights, or knives.

These are things that are 1) useful 2) generally increase in value. I have ammo that has gone up 150% since I bought it. I have mags that have gone up 500%. I still don't sell them.

They will keep appreciating, and are good for barter if needed.

Furthermore, as far as determining minimums, it depends on how much you shoot, and how you use them. Do you shoot a case of ammo ever week? Or do you shoot 50 rds per year?

I think a good standard in any climate is to have 10 mags per pistol, and 20 mags per rifle.

This allows for training mags, spares as they wear out, get lost, broken, damaged, etc.

In the old days, you would have ma and pa reloading while the youg fellers shoot out the window. Re: Outlaw Jose Whales.

Heck no! Ma shoots too good to waste on reloading and the young around here are going to have to show a little ruthless before taking over the shooting!

I was talking to some friend at the gun store about selling magazines I really didn't need. I thought I had more than enough AR mags and might sell the extras I just bought.

Never made it out of the gun room.

And I am a proud hoarder of magazines and ammo.
And reload supplies if I can find them.

You need what you can comfortably tote and access. (If carrying one firearm.)
Meaning each weapon needs be considered a solo operation.
You need training with all of them so you statistically finish what you started with mag #1.

That is for civilian thinking.

In Combat you need 10 Per Rifle and 5 per handgun. (More is better but those are minimums.)

Just in case It wasn't clear ... You need training with all of them so you statistically finish what you started with mag #1.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top