JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For what?
For a semi-automatic .223 or .30 rifle, 5 spares (20 or 30) plus one on the rifle I would figure is more than enough.
Pain to rotate though.

For a carry pistol, one spare in addition to the loaded magazine, maybe two spares. If it comes to the pistol and I'm being confronted with another weapon, I'm already gone or on my way out by the time I realize this. Carrying more than two would classify it as an offensive weapon IMO, which I don't feel is necessary if I'm carrying a rifle or SMG.

I have yet to change my mind on that, though.

Guns that won't scare people into legislation = 2 magazines each
Guns with difficult to find magazines = 3-4 magazines each
Guns that might scare people into legislation = 6-8 magazines each

I have fifty full-moon clips for my .45 revolver. I have one magazine for some of my obscure guns. For the guns that get shot regularly, I have at least four. 8-round .45 mags are apparently my favorites, as I have about a dozen of those.

I found that i only use one at a time. I load and shoot. Then i load again and i shoot. More than one magazine means more cleaning.

I second that, but I use two or three at a time when I'm practicing various immediate action drills with friends and other such combat drills.
Such as dropping a magazine free without regard for it getting dirty, etc... Heh.

Yea, more cleaning, but whatever.

I know what you mean, though, and it's how I'll usually shoot if I'm just going for slow accurate shooting.

I ordered eight 30 round Magpul PMAGs for an AR15 I don't have yet, just because I know I'll need them in the future. It's painful dropping $113 on something you can't use and don't necessarily *need* right now, but it's nice knowing I'm covered on that front. I'd actually like to pick up at least four or six more. How I'm going to afford to fill them is an entirely different issue, but that picture of ajgunner's safe with 100+ fully loaded AR15 mags has been an inspiration to me.

It's painful dropping $113 on something you can't use and don't necessarily *need* right now, but it's nice knowing I'm covered on that front.

I'm pissed-off in general about this topic. In the past few months, I've bought an AK and AR just to have them. I don't even really want them - I'd rather put the money toward an O/U shotgun, bolt rifle or any number of handguns. But, better to get them now, when I can, rather than wait until the future when I might not be able to get them.

I'm pissed-off in general about this topic. In the past few months, I've bought an AK and AR just to have them. I don't even really want them - I'd rather put the money toward an O/U shotgun, bolt rifle or any number of handguns. But, better to get them now, when I can, rather than wait until the future when I might not be able to get them.

:huh::huh: Welcome to the wonderful world of November guns.

Better get the mags for the guns you don't want know.. even my cheapest source of AK mags raised there price $5 each in the last 3 days3

I have to admit that every time someone has proposed a :s0051: on some class of firearm or another, something in the back of my mind says "Why?". Then it screams ":finger: Better get one!" Anyone that doesn't want me to have something is going to have me pushing back just as hard, and thousands along with me. Talk about counter productive. :s0167:

I guess I'm just not a superposed kinda guy...:p

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads