JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How long until resupply?

Although humorous, also quite factual!

If one considers simple market trends only, as in now, and has a NEED, resupply may be challenging (more expensive, time consuming etc).

Let alone future legal issues or future (perhaps worse) supply chain issues.

Best to have WANTS on hand, so as not to turn into NEEDS.

Everyone's WANTS vs NEEDS are going to differ.

Also, taking into consideration market & market trends, some folks may stock up for future resale. Absolutely nothing wrong with that (IMO), and I may very well be doing suchly myself.

Posted up a thread in the "great deals" section about $5.99 AR mags (now out of stock), and $6.99 AK mags a few weeks back.

If I do decide to upsale them, I'll likely do so at a significant profit....But under market.

Edit: $6.99AK mags are still available as of this edit. Limit 16+$13 flat rate shipping = ~$7.80/mag if buying 16...

Last Edited:
You can never have enough. Mags do not last forever. Ask professionals such as Clint Smith. He has done videos on this. Personally no less than 10 per pistol and 14 per rifle. You must be prepared for mags to get damaged and/or lost. Sure does that get a little pricey, yes. But without mags your guns are basically useless and if think you will have time to reload mags with loose ammo in a fight is a sad mistake.

Last Edited:
I'd say minimum is two Basic Combat Loads per weapon as Ready, one training, one spare. Rotate regularly.

One BCL being seven rifle mags, three doublestack pistol mags or five singlestack.

It's not about "extended shootouts" it''s about having mags for life. Mags are a consumable item, they wear out, they break, they get lost, whatever. When the king decides to snap his fingers and mags are no longer available or are cost prohibitive it is nice to have gone "overboard" and have plenty of mags on hand. Personally, I have dozens of mags still in the wrapper.
[/QUOTE I subscribe to the same thinking,
It's not about "extended shootouts" it''s about having mags for life. Mags are a consumable item, they wear out, they break, they get lost, whatever. When the king decides to snap his fingers and mags are no longer available or are cost prohibitive it is nice to have gone "overboard" and have plenty of mags on hand. Personally, I have dozens of mags still in the wrapper.
I subscribe to the same thinking, I have bought what I need so I am not effected by having to pay more to have during a panic buy situation like there is now. My rule 15 mags per rifle, 6 mags per pistol, offcourse more is better.

Mags are a consumable item, they wear out, they break, they get lost, whatever.

That's why I feel five is probably not too many.

In any case, I'm not saying it's wrong to have too many. When I say, "In my view" I'm also thinking of my own age. Younger people have more years to lose or wear out their magazines. At my age, probably not even close.

Yes, I've had those thoughts. Then I over-compensated, now I have too much of everything. But I'm working at getting it down to a sensible level for my age.
And I bet if you are selling your extra stash you are making out pretty well right now due to the panic buying situation. Another advantage of buying when prices are low like many of this have done over the years. Been thinking of selling off a little to fund other firearm stuff like supressors.

Last Edited:
Consider the cost of mags compared to the gun. If you have a few ARs, that might be $1-3k total. It makes sense to invest at leastba few hundred to make sure they continue to run for the rest of your life, and your kids lives. Look at how hard it is to get good reliable m1 carbine mags now.

I don't think any is enough, but if you're asking for a number, I'd say a couple thousand would probably do. If you needed more than that, you're probably not going to make it out alive anyways. :)

Yeah, ten magazines for every pistol would be a lot of money. S&W M&P40c magazines are $28 each and I have three of those pistols. Glock mags are $25 each and I have three of those as well. Sig P365 mags are $45 each. Plus the Taurus, the XDS and the 22/45 Lite...

To have ten magazines for each of my pistols would cost me $2329. :s0001:

I bet if you are selling your extra stash you are making out pretty well right now due to the panic buying situation.

It hasn't hurt. I haven't always bought at the lowest price. Sometimes if you want a certain new gun, you just have to pony up X amount. So I've sold a few more recent purchases for less than I paid. On the other hand, I've sold some that I've owned for a long time, those have done quite well. Some were complete surprises when I started to determine a price. I'm holding back some stuff for pre-election, which I think will be a wild time. But my main objective of the past couple of years has been reduction and market swings were not a motivating factor.

I dont go overboard on mags. I'd prefer 10 guns with 15 or so mags that fit all of them. Then again I am not even entertaining the concept of ever using mine to do anything SHTF like.

I have 10 for my two Block 19's and 5 for my AR. Everything else has two. There are many salient points being made. In the Marines, I carried 4 for the M-14 and then later, 4 for the AR. 2 for my 1911A1. Ammunition can get really heavy, so if you are a "spray and pray" kind of shooter, then maybe more is better. Slow, deliberate, aimed fire produces lots of good results. First of all, it really demoralizes your enemy. "Karen" gets really upset when she sees that her rhetoric isn't effective against her enemies.

Yeah, ten magazines for every pistol would be a lot of money. S&W M&P40c magazines are $28 each and I have three of those pistols. Glock mags are $25 each and I have three of those as well. Sig P365 mags are $45 each. Plus the Taurus, the XDS and the 22/45 Lite...

To have ten magazines for each of my pistols would cost me $2329. :s0001:

Next market low (there will be one, when? Who knows...), consider buying some aftermarkets, if available for particulars. Even better if they function like crap!

Great for randomized malfunction work.

Just remember to mark them up "range only" or some such.

I use silver "sharpie" markers on our crud mags.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top