JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have lights from 5-2000 lumens from Fenix, Surefire and Streamlight. To answer the question, there is no such thing as enough. Each serves a purpose. 5 is great for taking a piss at 3am. 2000 is good for searching in the woods for downed game or Bigfoot.

I'll let you know when they arrive, so far I ain't seen it. Bring on the sun as far as I'm concerned.

I've read so much schtuff about being blinded by anything more than 200-300 lumens in a small room...ugh.

As was witnessed by you and others going through my house with 1,500...never a problem...even in small rooms.

But the light mentioned by the OP...awfully clunky looking...then there's durability questions.

Not enough info about it. Candela rating? There are 3 parts to a light...throw, flood, and spot. Would need those to be known before buying.

I'll take a known quality 1,000-1,500 lumen light over one that is untested...even at 9,000 lumens.

upload_2019-7-11_7-5-31.png What's with this? it's just scrap material without a battery.

So there I was, waiting for Mrs. Teflon in a restaurant with my aged mother in law. Nuttier than a squirrel turd, she repeats everything on an endless loop until (maybe) you can divert her to a different rant. She can't read the menu because it's dark, so out of her purse comes the Binford Tactical Retina-Toaster 2017.

So now I'm blinded and she starts sweeping everybody in the place. Of course the single button control cycles through half a dozen settings, each more annoying than the last, including a strobe that would disable the entire Blue Oyster Cult road crew with epileptic seizures.

Oh yes... she persisted... oblivious to the fact that she had demonstrated it 5-6 times already, ignoring my pleas (and then strident demands) that she stop immediately. I somehow restrained myself from diving over the table at this crazy 100 lb woman to wrestle it from her grasp. I tell ya, that was the longest damn minute of my short, miserable life.

I apologize sincerely to anyone who was there, and I will reimburse the co-pay for your eye surgery.

So there I was, waiting for Mrs. Teflon in a restaurant with my aged mother in law. Nuttier than a squirrel turd, she repeats everything on an endless loop until (maybe) you can divert her to a different rant. She can't read the menu because it's dark, so out of her purse comes the Binford Tactical Retina-Toaster 2017.

So now I'm blinded and she starts sweeping everybody in the place. Of course the single button control cycles through half a dozen settings, each more annoying than the last, including a strobe that would disable the entire Blue Oyster Cult road crew with epileptic seizures.

Oh yes... she persisted... oblivious to the fact that she had demonstrated it 5-6 times already, ignoring my pleas (and then strident demands) that she stop immediately. I somehow restrained myself from diving over the table at this crazy 100 lb woman to wrestle it from her grasp. I tell ya, that was the longest damn minute of my short, miserable life.

I apologize sincerely to anyone who was there, and I will reimburse the co-pay for your eye surgery.
:s0140:

I have lights from 5-2000 lumens from Fenix, Surefire and Streamlight. To answer the question, there is no such thing as enough.

I have one (code named "Giggles", theBudget Light Forum GT) that is too much. It does, however, keep the kids interested as it will literally reach out 2 miles in clear weather. I would bet it outperforms that one up there. Care must be taken with these as the power in the batterys can cause explosions, there is a learning curve so study up before you jump into 18650 Lithium batterys.

BLF GT "Giggles" Flashlight Review | BudgetLightForum.com

The BLF GT70 "Giggle Monster" is here! 7,500lumens, 1,500m throw! Group buy Closed! | BudgetLightForum.com

A light is a tool just like a gun is a tool. Pick the right one for the job. I have lights that max out at 1000 lumens, but also dial down in steps for up close work. If I lived in the country with property and had a need to reach out really far, I would go for one of the super bright lights. But for now, I don' t have a use for one. At least this is what I keep telling myself when I seen a new really cool one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top