JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have lights from 5-2000 lumens from Fenix, Surefire and Streamlight. To answer the question, there is no such thing as enough. Each serves a purpose. 5 is great for taking a piss at 3am. 2000 is good for searching in the woods for downed game or Bigfoot.

I'll let you know when they arrive, so far I ain't seen it. Bring on the sun as far as I'm concerned.

I've read so much schtuff about being blinded by anything more than 200-300 lumens in a small room...ugh.

As was witnessed by you and others going through my house with 1,500...never a problem...even in small rooms.

But the light mentioned by the OP...awfully clunky looking...then there's durability questions.

Not enough info about it. Candela rating? There are 3 parts to a light...throw, flood, and spot. Would need those to be known before buying.

I'll take a known quality 1,000-1,500 lumen light over one that is untested...even at 9,000 lumens.

upload_2019-7-11_7-5-31.png What's with this? it's just scrap material without a battery.

So there I was, waiting for Mrs. Teflon in a restaurant with my aged mother in law. Nuttier than a squirrel turd, she repeats everything on an endless loop until (maybe) you can divert her to a different rant. She can't read the menu because it's dark, so out of her purse comes the Binford Tactical Retina-Toaster 2017.

So now I'm blinded and she starts sweeping everybody in the place. Of course the single button control cycles through half a dozen settings, each more annoying than the last, including a strobe that would disable the entire Blue Oyster Cult road crew with epileptic seizures.

Oh yes... she persisted... oblivious to the fact that she had demonstrated it 5-6 times already, ignoring my pleas (and then strident demands) that she stop immediately. I somehow restrained myself from diving over the table at this crazy 100 lb woman to wrestle it from her grasp. I tell ya, that was the longest damn minute of my short, miserable life.

I apologize sincerely to anyone who was there, and I will reimburse the co-pay for your eye surgery.

So there I was, waiting for Mrs. Teflon in a restaurant with my aged mother in law. Nuttier than a squirrel turd, she repeats everything on an endless loop until (maybe) you can divert her to a different rant. She can't read the menu because it's dark, so out of her purse comes the Binford Tactical Retina-Toaster 2017.

So now I'm blinded and she starts sweeping everybody in the place. Of course the single button control cycles through half a dozen settings, each more annoying than the last, including a strobe that would disable the entire Blue Oyster Cult road crew with epileptic seizures.

Oh yes... she persisted... oblivious to the fact that she had demonstrated it 5-6 times already, ignoring my pleas (and then strident demands) that she stop immediately. I somehow restrained myself from diving over the table at this crazy 100 lb woman to wrestle it from her grasp. I tell ya, that was the longest damn minute of my short, miserable life.

I apologize sincerely to anyone who was there, and I will reimburse the co-pay for your eye surgery.
:s0140:

I have lights from 5-2000 lumens from Fenix, Surefire and Streamlight. To answer the question, there is no such thing as enough.

I have one (code named "Giggles", theBudget Light Forum GT) that is too much. It does, however, keep the kids interested as it will literally reach out 2 miles in clear weather. I would bet it outperforms that one up there. Care must be taken with these as the power in the batterys can cause explosions, there is a learning curve so study up before you jump into 18650 Lithium batterys.

BLF GT "Giggles" Flashlight Review | BudgetLightForum.com

The BLF GT70 "Giggle Monster" is here! 7,500lumens, 1,500m throw! Group buy Closed! | BudgetLightForum.com

A light is a tool just like a gun is a tool. Pick the right one for the job. I have lights that max out at 1000 lumens, but also dial down in steps for up close work. If I lived in the country with property and had a need to reach out really far, I would go for one of the super bright lights. But for now, I don' t have a use for one. At least this is what I keep telling myself when I seen a new really cool one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top