JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not that I think anything that drastic will happen, but what if?

My answer is, as the saying goes: "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

What if the world runs out of toilet paper? What if all the traffic lights went out at the same exact moment? What if one of those flying carps flings itself into your boat motor? What if mall cops were forbidden to wear smokey the bear hats? What if Smokey the Bear had a campfire get out of control? What if a fart is productive? What if Obama or any other government entity asked me to hand in my guns? What if I spend a whole lot more time contemplating the answers to all those other what if's first?

I, DSAPT9, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

I have taken this more than once over the years and I still hold it to be true.

I, DSAPT9, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

I have taken this more than once over the years and I still hold it to be true.

I don't remember ever being relieved of my oath either.

What if the world runs out of toilet paper? What if all the traffic lights went out at the same exact moment? What if one of those flying carps flings itself into your boat motor? What if mall cops were forbidden to wear smokey the bear hats? What if Smokey the Bear had a campfire get out of control? What if a fart is productive? What if Obama or any other government entity asked me to hand in my guns? What if I spend a whole lot more time contemplating the answers to all those other what if's first?

Except all that is utter nonsense while weapons confiscations have happened many times in history, followed by genocide. Lexington and Concord, April 19th, 1775 were fought because the redcoats were coming to confiscate powder and weapons held at Concord. If we (my ancestors were notable there) had not fought that day this 2nd amendment discussion might very well be moot

Since most gun owners are law-abiding citizens, I suspect most would grudgingly turn them over and use the political/legal system to try and get them back. A few would 'bury' them and claim they sold or lost them. An even smaller number would refuse on principal and be taken to jail in protest (and lose them anyway). And only the smallest number would actually use them - and most likely die - to keep them.

Assuming this turned out to be the true breakdown (no chance for courage through strength-in-numbers), being quite sane and knowing full-well that I don't want to die and am inherently a non-violent person, I would hope to find myself in the second-last category.

This is why it is so important that we do everything we can now to prevent this horrible scenario from actually occurring. We could have gotten a huge start by not electing the current president (and I fully acknowledge that the alternate choice was not all that much better), but some of us were simply naive. Unfortunately, we now have a bigger battle ahead of us.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top