JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
depending on reason why you would have to leave your home, it could be a nightmare traveling the roads to get to your BOL.

try to plan for those scenarios most likely first and least likely last.

good luck and God bless.

I always try and look at the mechanics of any plan I may come up with. How can I get where I need to go? How do I go about getting there? What do I have available to me when I need? What resources do I have Right now? what will I be able to "find" along the way! What will I have when I get there? IS it even worth trying to get where I want to go? What are my "plan B" set ups like?

I almost bought a place out of state last summer. I've even considered buying some land and setting up a cabin. Then again, maybe an RV that can go wherever is a better option than a fixed location, or perhaps a piece of land with an RV parked under a stick built canopy with a metal roof, some solar, water catchment, and a garden. This way, you have a fixed location with resources, but you can also take your home with you and leave the raw land (what are they gonna do, burn it down?).

What more does man need?
My parents and I bought a cabin in puget sound. loaded with crab and shrimp pots, fishing gear, a boat, lots of fuel, a generator, solar panels, and deer all around.

Its not "mine", but my buddy of almost 20 years has a place on the East side that is almost off grid and we have spoken many times about SHTF and me being there in that case. We also have some combined resources stored there as well, i.e. ammunition, food, water and the like.

The most likely SHTF event in the PNW is a Cascadian Subduction earthquake.

See all those private yachts out in that big marina?

View attachment 303752

You post this photo like it's a bad thing. The yacht has elevation, a 360 degree field of view and fire. Self contained, extremely difficult to direct assault. Don't see lemons, see lemonade!:rolleyes: Sure it isn't bullet proof but then few things are.

Brutus Out

I'm goin for Paul Allen's little runabout. Looks like it might sleep 3 or 4 people and he's a bit of a wanker any way. Guys got 2 more, he'll never know its gone:p

octopus-private-yacht_zps5l26wlrr.jpg

I always try and look at the mechanics of any plan I may come up with. How can I get where I need to go? How do I go about getting there? What do I have available to me when I need? What resources do I have Right now? what will I be able to "find" along the way! What will I have when I get there? IS it even worth trying to get where I want to go? What are my "plan B" set ups like?
I have said this many times. Work out your BOL and have supplies there.
Then keep up on the current affairs and leave BEFORE it turns to dung. Take that 3 day weekend. Maybe a week off,someone died?
Then when you see it was a BS story, go back to living.
Mainly put yourself in the position to be able to leave NOW.
Then come back when it's all BS

There are only a few (bad) scenarios that I can think of which would leave "fair warning" to get to a BOL.

Most scenarios I could envision around me would be immediate, but one never really knows.

What I mean is we don't really get hit with bad wether systems where I live. Blizzards, tornadoe systems, hurricanes & such which you would know might be headed your way. When coupled with a down turning economy, yeah bugging out until electricity might get restored would be handy.

Most scenarios I envision as immediate would be like being hit by that giant subduction zone Earthquake.

Shoot the city water system could get polluted, that'd be a hassle. Would I BO, no, but like all things it would depend.

As far as an economic implosion & resulting civil unrest, yeah that'd give you time...depending how far along you notice in said implosion (is travel banned yet etc...).

Personally, I don't think anything will ever happen in my lifetime to make me BO, or hunker down. But I do enjoy the security blanket of being reasonably self sufficient to be able to help other folks, should something happen, than being helped by others, especially being able to not rely on some govt alphabet soup agency!

You post this photo like it's a bad thing. The yacht has elevation, a 360 degree field of view and fire. Self contained, extremely difficult to direct assault. Don't see lemons, see lemonade!:rolleyes: Sure it isn't bullet proof but then few things are.

Brutus Out
These are pretty bullet proof (the hull is anyway, not so much the super structure), and one of few boats I would want to be on if I had to ride out a tsunami.

13781899_1569691293334623_7377801195747687783_n.jpg

I have said this many times. Work out your BOL and have supplies there.
Then keep up on the current affairs and leave BEFORE it turns to dung. Take that 3 day weekend. Maybe a week off,someone died?
Then when you see it was a BS story, go back to living.
Mainly put yourself in the position to be able to leave NOW.
Then come back when it's all BS

This is what we have planned. Our BOL is a day's drive. If it's something sudden, like an earthquake or EMP, we are probably screwed in Reno, even with our well and preps. I have started moving some stuff to my parents in N Idaho, to have preps at both locations. I read "Night" be Elie Weisel recently (holocaust book), and the big takeaway I had was don't wait until it's too late to leave. His parents kept thinking it was going to get better. We all know that it only got horribly worse. So, yes, we have planned excuses to return To work in case it ends up being BS.

We can't be prepared for everything, just do the best we can do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top