JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I almost bought a place out of state last summer. I've even considered buying some land and setting up a cabin. Then again, maybe an RV that can go wherever is a better option than a fixed location, or perhaps a piece of land with an RV parked under a stick built canopy with a metal roof, some solar, water catchment, and a garden. This way, you have a fixed location with resources, but you can also take your home with you and leave the raw land (what are they gonna do, burn it down?).

What more does man need?

some friends and i have a manual well, an artesian well, lots of wildlife around, fruit trees, 400gal diesel fuel (so far), a diesel generator and hopefully solar soon. we havent quite got food rations yet but a place to house his family my family and two other families. lots of means of defense and also we have comms.

we have a plan if SHTF if it ever does as to what happens first and where we go from there but when/if SHTF ya just never know where you'll be.

my personal opinion is nothings going to happen but im skeptical. he thinks that for sure something will happen.

:eek:

No, no BOL for me.

Would depend upon the situation, bug in or bug out. Worst "best" case scenario I'd bug out to friends with my resources. More people, more security, more resources.

Worse case scenario, I'd bug out to friends without my resources (on foot). With the hopes that I would have had time to cache things I couldn't bring with, for future retrieval.

It's a pretty slippery slope SHTF, no matter what you plan, it can and probably will not work as you had hoped! I think the best bet is several plans to get you and yours some place safe first, then do the math and figure out what to do next, then make the move toward that! Bugg in is preferred to bugging out,so it you can that;s the best plan! Other wise, plan to move yer stuff in such a way that it can be done on foot, not by car or truck!

If the SHTF situation is a natural disaster, there is always the issue of being able to actually get there. The number of bridges to get out of the PDX area, for example, is extraordinary. How do you get to your BOL is more important than any peeps you have there.

Always remember, that little spot that no one else knows about.. someone knows about it.

Dont be surprised if you go to your bug out site and fine people already camped out there as well.

I almost bought a place out of state last summer. I've even considered buying some land and setting up a cabin. Then again, maybe an RV that can go wherever is a better option than a fixed location, or perhaps a piece of land with an RV parked under a stick built canopy with a metal roof, some solar, water catchment, and a garden. This way, you have a fixed location with resources, but you can also take your home with you and leave the raw land (what are they gonna do, burn it down?).

What more does man need?

At the very least you would want a well, a decent road into the place, someplace to grow food and preferably a septic system.

Any kind of RV will only last a few years out in the weather unless under some kind of shelter, and even then it won't last as long as a house or cabin.

Being mobile has advantages, but it also puts you at risk when moving from place to place, you don't get to know an area like you would if you lived there, and you don't get to develop the land. Eventually you will run out of stored food and "living off the land" by hunting and foraging is not easy and won't last for long either.

To answer your question, yes, I have a BOL. I live at my BOL.

10552518_297264427135096_2198543463415341039_n.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads