JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LCR 357
20190119_112945.jpg

I have a Ruger LCR six shot 327 Magnum that I do carry. A five shot Performance Center 637 38 with a bobbed hammer, so it is DAO. Another J frame Airweight, a seven shot 22 Mag, those two I carry around the house sometimes. I recently acquired two six shot Colt Detective Specials, one Nickel, one blue. They are 38's and I could see carrying them, but I don't have speed loaders for them.

I do have speed loaders and Speed Strips both for my 327. I do have some 38 Speed Strips I just recall

As for those that carry them, what type of holsters are you using. This far my most Comfortable rig I've found is the Winthrop Leather pancake OWB. Freaking love it with most pistols I've tried.

The Bianchi 5BH and the Bianchi Acumold are my two choices for carrying snubby revolvers.

The 5BH is a fairly conventional high-ride thumb-break holster.

The Acumold defies any visual opinion. Although it looks like a budget nylon holster, it is actually rigid, but covered with woven nylon. It is the tightest riding of any of my holsters.

P1000221.JPG P1000224.JPG P1000227.JPG P1000232.JPG

Small is relative. Here's a LCR and a SP101 next to a Sig239. The Sig is none too big, and both revolvers are smaller.

P1000233.JPG
P1000234.JPG
P1000235.JPG

Last Edited:
S&W 66-1 2.5" barrel, which is as old as I am, appendix in a leather holster with Winchester ranger bonded 38spl and a speed loader with Barnes 357 mag. Sometimes I appendix carry a 686+ 4"barrel and it does pretty good with a hoodie or over garment. A 3" barrel would be easier, but for me 4"is still ok with minor discomfort

544A4160-2E78-4531-B0B3-F0A577EB6F5B.jpeg

My favorite carry gun is a S&W Model-19 with a 2-1/2" barrel.:) My Bride calls it Baby.:) It's only been around since I bought it in the '70s.:) It's been refinished three times now. From Blue to Electroless Nickel and then back to Blue.:) Which was done by a fine gentleman by the name of Mel Doyle, over in ID.:) Because of my health I had recently stopped carrying it.:(:(:(

Edited to include:it
I forgot to mention that I also removed the Hammer Spur and cut grooves in the top so by very carefully pulling back on the Trigger you can still Vick the Hammer.:) Of course, it has been turned(also by me) so it has an extremely light Trigger pull.:)

Besides being my carry and BUG it also was my Beer gun and helped me to win several Cases of Brewsky!:)
Mel Doyle was a super man and a great gunsmith. He retired a few years back. Our loss!

I prefer a Airweight 38. Mine has a hammer. I did have an internal hammer at one time. For reasons mentioned prior regarding 'snag' I recommend the internal. My most common carry however is NAA PUG 22mag with ported barrel. It takes less room in my pocket than my keys. It packs a whollup. Definitely a Summer gun. What you have in the gun is what you got. The PUG is not a fast reloading pistol. When wearing more clothes I usually go bigger.
I prefer revolver over semi for cc because I've always kept the first round empty on carries and you can advance a round one handed, even in your pocket with a wheel gun. Semi's require both hands. That's all there is really to it.

I prefer a Airweight 38. Mine has a hammer. I did have an internal hammer at one time. For reasons mentioned prior regarding 'snag' I recommend the internal. My most common carry however is NAA PUG 22mag with ported barrel. It takes less room in my pocket than my keys. It packs a whollup. Definitely a Summer gun. What you have in the gun is what you got. The PUG is not a fast reloading pistol. When wearing more clothes I usually go bigger.
I prefer revolver over semi for cc because I've always kept the first round empty on carries and you can advance a round one handed, even in your pocket with a wheel gun. Semi's require both hands. That's all there is really to it.

Why would one carry any modern revolver or pistol with an empty chamber? Chamber that round and carry in a proper holster.

How many here carry a revolver?

Which one?

I've been considering trying a revolver in 38 for daily concealment.

Thanks!

Reno
I don't, but if I did have a revolver, I'd love to have a Model 15/67.
As for a daily carry gun, I'd go with the classic .38's. Either, Colt Detective, S&W Model 36/60, Taurus model 85 or the Rossi version (friend had one. I liked it. Model was....88? Something like that).
I hear good and bad about Taurus & Rossi, so it might be best to take those last two on a case-by-case basis.

In the past I carried a couple of different snubbies. In fact my first carry gun was a Model 60 in 38. That was when Ruger came out with the SP101 in 357 Mag, but it only shot 125gr bullets. (I shoulda bought that one) Later I carried a 649 in 357 for a while.
These days I carry a revolver when heading out in the woods and it's a S&W Model 69.

^^^When I am carrying a woods gun, it is now my Taurus Protector Poly in .357 and it is loaded with .357 158 grain JSP. The stock boot grip makes this combination not too awful to shoot. I used to carry the same load in one of my 2.25" Ruger SP-101, but using the Taurus saves me about seven ounces or so in weight loaded.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top