JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ha, i got plenty sence of humor, eapecially the twisted kind! :s0140:
Just tryin to be helpful, i know full well whats going on with being a Smith, i did 14 months at Trinidad, ultimatly to end up just serving my own needs while "Finding my self" after retiring from the Air Force!

Several years ago I had someone do some work for me. After I complained about the shoddy work he did he said, "there is quality, cheap and fast; you can have any two, but not all three." I learned that day, if I were ever in service industry and can't give high quality, I would not take a job, and refer it to someone else. Do unto others...

Exactly. From my experiences, I see a lot of consumers who want all 3 though there is a leaning heavily on the cheap. The willingness to spend more for higher quality seems to have gone away with some of the older generations and seems to be slowly making a comeback now. But a lot of the good companies have gone out of business or changed to producing cheaper products.

I started apprentice with a gunsmith back in the 80s, he was with Detonics in Seattle at the time. Worked with him many years building and tuning 1911s.

Then after entering the LE career and going to numerous armorer schools, got into most any firearm that LE agencies use.

Found out real fast the amount of specialized tools required, and the amount of money needed to do the job right.

Had a mill for awhile, but it sat idle more than it was used...down the road it went.

Settled on a few firearms to specialize...1911s, ARs...and no, I don't believe they are like putting Legos together, and S&W revolvers.

I help folks build ARs, but only repair, tune and diagnose 1911s and S&W Revolvers...and offer comprehensive armorer classes for ARS and 1911s.

For the heavy work...I use Tim aka @Velzey , a true gunsmith in every sense of the word.

The amount of tools he has is insane, but if one wants to be able to work on everything, ya gotta have them.

I started apprentice with a gunsmith back in the 80s, he was with Detonics in Seattle at the time. Worked with him many years building and tuning 1911s.

Then after entering the LE career and going to numerous armorer schools, got into most any firearm that LE agencies use.

Found out real fast the amount of specialized tools required, and the amount of money needed to do the job right.

Had a mill for awhile, but it sat idle more than it was used...down the road it went.

Settled on a few firearms to specialize...1911s, ARs...and no, I don't believe they are like putting Legos together, and S&W revolvers.

I help folks build ARs, but only repair, tune and diagnose 1911s and S&W Revolvers...and offer comprehensive armorer classes for ARS and 1911s.

For the heavy work...I use Tim aka @Velzey , a true gunsmith in every sense of the word.

The amount of tools he has is insane, but if one wants to be able to work on everything, ya gotta have them.

@Velzey is the man when it comes to the smithing of guns. lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads