JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So how many guns are enough? Is it 10, 20 , 30 50? I have never believed in a number that says you have enough. What I run into into is I shoot the same ones all the time. The others just sit around and get reoiled from time to time. I like having the options of others but they never seem to make it to the range. Just wondering how many others run into this. It doesn't cross my mind to get rid of any either.
Replace guns with women and that sums up my last 25 years!

I think I could get by with two.

1. One compact-frame semi-auto pistol
2. One magazine fed, semi-automatic carbine with a LPVO

This readily covers home defense, concealed carry, and tactical uses at any realistic civilian distance. Theoretically covers the smaller side of large game hunting, as well.

Tack on 2k rounds of handgun ammunition, 5k rounds of rifle ammunition, magazines, armor, kit, and you're very well set.

If you want to add to this, a .22lr rifle, a 12 gauge shotgun, a precision bolt-action rifle, and maybe some sort of micro-size pistol. I'd be totally comfortable with that list.

Well, right now I have nineteen plus two family heirloom Sniders that are not on my FAC - I therefore cannot shoot them. If I have my way I'd probably have another ten-to-fifteen, but that would be it....

I'd REALLY like a real Pennsylvania long rifle like the one I had stolen back in 1998. It was a .50cal rifle made by Peter Gonter of Lancaster County, and I'd actually shot it a few times, just to see what it was like, with a .475 RB and some fairly stout patching material made out of my old PJs, over 65gr of 2Fg. It was a delight, as I'm sure a few of you here might know.

Now some a$$***e has it on the wall of his den. And I'm sorry to say that it's probably an American - the show was held on a US-only base with just one furriner on it - me.

I'm in agreement with folks upthread. I understood it was N+1, where N= how many you currently have.

Now, what is the MINIMUM would be an interesting discussion.

1 - carry pistol (which doubled as range and home defense pistol)
1 - .22 cal Rifle
1 - 12 ga Shotgun.

That's the bare minimum although the .22 rifle might be optional if you don't mind picking pellets out of rabbit meat etc.

DOES NOT COMPUTE
REBOOT

Don't think so, the last time took 7.5 million years! The answer is 42.

The answer we knew, it was the question we lost. No worries though, I think 'Kisfish' found it ...

Dang it 'The Heritic' saw the importance of Kisfish's discovery before I did. Good job TH.

The number 42 is, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", calculated by an enormous supercomputer named Deep Thought over a period of 7.5 million years. Unfortunately, no one knows what the question is." - Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe. (as reported by Wiki)

Edited to give TH his cred

Last Edited:
Try cleaning them all in one day - the answer will be come self apparent.
This is very true....
( What is shown is not all of ones in my collection )
Andy
DSC05463.jpg

15-6-6.InterlakeMountainManRendezvous.LeaningMuseum.1998.JPG

I'm always amused when I see a newspaper article about a drug bust and the media says there was an "arsenal" of arms found. Which typically means a few 22LR rifles, a couple of small handguns, and 500 rounds of ammo. The general public really has no idea what is normal amongst the firearm enthusiast community.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top