JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends on your purposes of use... I'd minimum at a longarm (carbine, shotgun or rifle) and handgun for each able-bodied adult in the house plus 1-2 spares in each class. That's just Home D/SHTF, then you got CCW irons, appropriate tools for whatever game you may hunt, "game guns" for any shooting sports you participate in, anything particular you may collect...

How many?

When you have enough that you have to pick and choose what you take to the range, because you do not want to spend the rest of the day cleaning everything.

Depends on your purposes of use... I'd minimum at a longarm (carbine, shotgun or rifle) and handgun for each able-bodied adult in the house plus 1-2 spares in each class. That's just Home D/SHTF, then you got CCW irons, appropriate tools for whatever game you may hunt, "game guns" for any shooting sports you participate in, anything particular you may collect...
Addendum to this, "too much" is the point when your acquisitions come at the cost of neglecting other responsibilities, or of neglecting the accessories and techniques needed to use them effectively, or they become an anchor that prevents you from pulling up stakes and getting out of Dodge when the time comes to do so.

Ahhh...the "Noah" of gun collecting...:D
Andy
Well I'm working on it.
I got two of almost all my guns.
I still need another 45/70 and another 20ga.
and another 45acp.
But I got two or more of every thing else.
That I own.
Now the problem is I need another safe. MVIMG_20200623_125301.jpg

I got lucky and my wife doesn't mind how many there are. I have no idea why but I always find a gun that I just have to have.....

I went the other way, a gun that doesn't mind how many wives I have

I kid, but I have a rapidly growing collection. Started with a 22 then a 12ga then the wife wanted a 22 then she wanted a 20ga. I got 22 handgun and now my daughter and and wife both want one and another 10/22 for the little one. Picked up a 223 bolt action on a great deal and it is my distance and hunting rifle. All that while building an AR and still looking for a 9mm( Glock 43x probably) and I love trap shooting and I have always loved over/unders.

I just started shooting a couple years ago but have quickly added it to one of my favorite and easily most expensive hobby

I just got 2 gun lockers and it's almost already not enough lol

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads