How many guns is enough?

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
Depends on your purposes of use... I'd minimum at a longarm (carbine, shotgun or rifle) and handgun for each able-bodied adult in the house plus 1-2 spares in each class. That's just Home D/SHTF, then you got CCW irons, appropriate tools for whatever game you may hunt, "game guns" for any shooting sports you participate in, anything particular you may collect...

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
Depends on your purposes of use... I'd minimum at a longarm (carbine, shotgun or rifle) and handgun for each able-bodied adult in the house plus 1-2 spares in each class. That's just Home D/SHTF, then you got CCW irons, appropriate tools for whatever game you may hunt, "game guns" for any shooting sports you participate in, anything particular you may collect...
Addendum to this, "too much" is the point when your acquisitions come at the cost of neglecting other responsibilities, or of neglecting the accessories and techniques needed to use them effectively, or they become an anchor that prevents you from pulling up stakes and getting out of Dodge when the time comes to do so.

Reactions
I got lucky and my wife doesn't mind how many there are. I have no idea why but I always find a gun that I just have to have.....
I went the other way, a gun that doesn't mind how many wives I have

I kid, but I have a rapidly growing collection. Started with a 22 then a 12ga then the wife wanted a 22 then she wanted a 20ga. I got 22 handgun and now my daughter and and wife both want one and another 10/22 for the little one. Picked up a 223 bolt action on a great deal and it is my distance and hunting rifle. All that while building an AR and still looking for a 9mm( Glock 43x probably) and I love trap shooting and I have always loved over/unders.

I just started shooting a couple years ago but have quickly added it to one of my favorite and easily most expensive hobby

I just got 2 gun lockers and it's almost already not enough lol

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
Top Bottom