JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, I'm married (28 years). The old saying "variety is the spice of life" no longer applies to women because I don't wanna give 1/2 my stuff away so my variety is with guns.
I have an insatiable appetite... More....... NEED MORE!!!
Guns are like money, you can never have enough!!!;)

Every time I buy a gun I feel like now I have enough... The feeling passes quickly though. It's kinda like eating I guess. One can eat enough to not feel hungry for a while but eventually ya need more!

I'm not youngster, but I am far from an old man. I have owned many firearms in my life. (Many, as in well over 50) As recently as 5 years ago I could not fit them all in my safe. About the same time I had the idea to finish a project that took a lot of money and I put a lot of the guns up for sale.
Recently we had an unemployment issue in the family and I decided it was time to part with a few more.

So, then, we get down to brass tack... How many do I need? 5. How many does the wife "need"? 3. Or 4. Then we get into the family heirloom category, those are not debatable, and not "traceable. :)

Dang! I still have a full safe! :)

What could I personally live with? 2. And both of the chamberings are over 100 years old. Some chit never becomes outdated.

I don't need any guns. I only WANT guns. I'm satisfied with the current number I have, but there are guns still out there that I would like to own so I'm still looking. Too bad many of them are NFA firearms, so unless I somehow come into a pile of money I probably won't be getting most of them.

The hunt for perfection is never ending. Like sailing a boat, it's not the destination, it's the journey that matters. I have developed a discipline though, in that I don't keep any I don't shoot. There is an attrition rate in my safe.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

When I run out of room I give firearms to my kids. I just gave them 6 to free up some space in the safe. Its a win/win
I tried that, gave my son three guns over the years, he's sold or hocked them all. Now he gets nothing other than advice from me, and my will is going to be the same! Near as we can figure out he got over $250,000 from my parents over a 10 year period so I figure he's already gotten his inheritance!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Ouch...

I set up a family trust, The guns I am giving the kids belong to the trust. They have possession of them but the trust owns them.

They could still violate the conditions of the trust and sell them but I doubt they will.

My wife asks this of me every now and then...

I just tell her it isn't going to end and to just enjoy the ride;).

My next safe will be a custom build vault that I'm already in the works on.

The hunt for perfection is never ending. Like sailing a boat, it's not the destination, it's the journey that matters. I have developed a discipline though, in that I don't keep any I don't shoot. There is an attrition rate in my safe.
This is why it didn't hurt too much to sell the guns I did to get a truck. I looked a t what was left from the move:rolleyes:,and looked at a couple I thought I would never sell.
Ya know what? I hadn't shot them for some time. One I hadn't shot I over a year.(my nicest AR)
A friend at the LGS I worked at ask how I could sell them like I do.I asked how he could just hide them under his bed and not shoot them.
Now that I'm in a house and not a RV and I have so many places to shoot here,my guess is my numbers will climb as money allows .
I couldn't begin to count the ones that have come and gone

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads