JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a stuffed fatboy jr and a 14 gun sentry, and I do mean stuffed. Most of my scoped long guns have QD rings. All have socks on. Ammo and bags stay in chest job box. I need a gun room. But not in this house. I have a friend with a vault room. the plan is to get another job box and move it and 75% of the collection over to his place

I believe that less is more because if you gotta bug out you can only take so much. Anything you can't take you risk leaving the rest for someone who could use them on you. Big collections =wasted resources IMHO.

Yes and no. It would really depend on where you live. Inner city I can see having less if you had to set out on foot. In the country having more would be a benefit.

I have...lots.

More than enough to do any job I can realistically imagine and enough to arm a lot of people if things I CAN"T realistically imagine happened. I'm nearly 50. I ain't gonna be no Rambo in the woods. Not even kinda. War is a young man's (or Hell, Woman's) game. I'd have I'd have 32 years in if I had stayed in the service, and I'm pretty sure pretty much NONE of those guys are in the field in Afghanistan humping patrols. (Hats off to 'em if they are.)

How many you have in your collection should be a factor of a few different things, IMO:

1. What do I want
2. What can I afford
3. How much time do I have before I can stop shooting, and therefore appreciating them.

That's it.

If you had 200 guns, I'd just be jealous. The only guns I have that I don't shoot on a regular basis are the couple that are so old and broke that I don't want to damage them. The rest are all shooters, at least on occasion.

If I could get my hands on an 1882 Winchester, (at a price I could pay) I would have one and I'd shoot it.

Guns are cool in a thousand different ways for a thousand different reasons.

I'd LOVE to have a STEN. I think they were pieces of crap really, but they were hugely historically important. Same goes for the Chauchat from WWI.

My wife is as bad as I am, only she'll forego a gun she REALLY wants and not complain when I spend the same $ on what I wanted. (It's True Love, that's what it is).

When we die, my nieces and nephews (My daughter isn't really into it, but knows how to shoot) will inherit a crapload of guns, worth a LOT of money. We will have enjoyed and cherished and appreciated each of them for what they were.

I love guns. So does my wife. You don't need any reason, nor is there any upper limit, other than budget.

The only difference between a gun collection and a stamp collection is that guns have sadly become a political issue and stamps haven't.

9 plus 3 more that i am building also gonna buy another hunting rifle and sidearm so after that 14.
i tend to get bored easily and that number rises and drops pretty often.
that is just mine, not counting the rest of the household..

and yes i keep count.

I believe that less is more because if you gotta bug out you can only take so much. Anything you can't take you risk leaving the rest for someone who could use them on you. Big collections =wasted resources IMHO.

I agree with this. The reality is I'm grabbing two or three from the safe, just those I REALLY need, then staying alive. I always imagine I'll be with a 10/22 and a backpack with as much ammo as possible.. Idk, I just assume while everyone of you are scrambling for 223, I'm rock'n 20k rounds of 22.

..just a thought...

My thoughts are a little different! I have allot of close friends & family, that are not "gun nuts".
These people are very important to me & have many other things to offer. Such as, Important skill sets, food, & shelter in different geographical locations. I have food, firearms, & shelter (in one location), & some skill sets. In a SHTF situation, I would like to think I could arm most or all of my loved ones. This could make a bad situation better. Remember, bugging "out" could involve, bugging "in" some where ells!

Again, just my thoughts! :s0131:

I don't think you are learning much about gun inventories of 'normal people' in this thread.

Never said I was "normal" I've always walked to the beat of my own drum and always will. Keep in mind when I'm walking to the beat of my own drum I have a rifle with me and I'm walking a few miles away from any road chasing elk so I guess you could say most people don't own guns and most people don't hunt but I'm not most people.

Never said I was "normal" I've always walked to the beat of my own drum and always will. Keep in mind when I'm walking to the beat of my own drum I have a rifle with me and I'm walking a few miles away from any road chasing elk so I guess you could say most people don't own guns and most people don't hunt but I'm not most people.

I think mat33, is trying to say that "most' People on this site are not "normal'. I'm inclined to agree.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top