JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
OP hasn't been here since Thursday. At least not logged in. So, what I think I'm saying' is,
you guys have just been playin' with yourselves!

Last Edited:
OP hasn't been here since Thursday. At least not logged in. So, what I think I'm saying' is,
you guys have just been playin' with yourselves!
I mean it's not like this is a forum where posts stay up forever and people respond as they log in to check things, even to the point of necroing years old threads. . . The fun will come when it comes, and if someone is on a time out for string the pot they will have a chance to participate again when that is over. Maybe they learn, maybe they take another shot at a permaban. Part of the fun is taking bets on which one it is ;-)

20240224_093756.jpg

I mean it's not like this is a forum where posts stay up forever and people respond as they log in to check things, even to the point of necroing years old threads. . . The fun will come when it comes, and if someone is on a time out for string the pot they will have a chance to participate again when that is over. Maybe they learn, maybe they take another shot at a permaban. Part of the fun is taking bets on which one it is ;-)
Considering they started this thread...

If/when they do return, I think we can expect the same level of intelligence as was previously shown.

if someone is on a time out for string the pot they will have a chance to participate again when that is over.
Now that's something I didn't consider.

And, yes I know the fun of the place. But, myself, joy/humor from feeding trolls get stale pretty quick.

Now that's something I didn't consider.

And, yes I know the fun of the place. But, myself, joy/humor from feeding trolls get stale pretty quick.
I could be wrong, but it seems to be the strategy of some here to overfeed the troll, thus giving them more rope to hang themselves with. We would have to ask @Andy54Hawken how well that strategy is working, or if we are all just giving him more grey hairs :s0140:

I could be wrong, but it seems to be the strategy of some here to overfeed the troll, thus giving them more rope to hang themselves with. We would have to ask @Andy54Hawken how well that strategy is working, or if we are all just giving him more grey hairs :s0140:
No matter what, I'm all for the extra freedom we get here. It's MY job to pass by or ignore threads or members completely. That being said, my list of ignored members still stands at zero.

No matter what, I'm all for the extra freedom we get here. It's MY job to pass by or ignore threads or members completely. That being said, my list of ignored members still stands at zero.
For sure. I don't ignore people either, preferring instead to challenge idiocy as it crops up. I don't even have delusions of changing an idiot's mind, I just want the record to stand corrected for others that read along after. This strategy has been effective for me in the past, and I see no reason it will not be effective in the future.

As for this particular troll, ultimately they are pretty benign, and that have sparked some pretty hilarious threads which I have quite enjoyed. Not necessarily the content of the troll themselves, but all the banter between longtime members taking the piss out of them. I can see time-outs being appropriate for when they spam a bit too much (we do want to keep the main pages relatively clean for actually useful content after all) but if it were up to me I would vote to keep them around (maybe with some restricted privileges). I also harber some tiny glimmer of hope that they will learn to become a productive member at some far distant future point. Maybe after they realize that the collective knowledge here is worth more than the total collection of high profile/mainstream guntubers. . .

For sure. I don't ignore people either, preferring instead to challenge idiocy as it crops up. I don't even have delusions of changing an idiot's mind, I just want the record to stand corrected for others that read along after. This strategy has been effective for me in the past, and I see no reason it will not be effective in the future.

As for this particular troll, ultimately they are pretty benign, and that have sparked some pretty hilarious threads which I have quite enjoyed. Not necessarily the content of the troll themselves, but all the banter between longtime members taking the piss out of them. I can see time-outs being appropriate for when they spam a bit too much (we do want to keep the main pages relatively clean for actually useful content after all) but if it were up to me I would vote to keep them around (maybe with some restricted privileges). I also harber some tiny glimmer of hope that they will learn to become a productive member at some far distant future point. Maybe after they realize that the collective knowledge here is worth more than the total collection of high profile/mainstream guntubers. . .
If I post useful content, there's been some kind of mistake.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top