JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would like to get into it, as I will be in Basic Training during general rifle season.. Does anyone have an inexpensive left handed recurve they want to get rid of?:s0155: I would rather do traditional than compound, though I think both are awesome.

I have done it for probably 25 years or more.not every year,and I have only killed one small forked horn buck.
Right now I have a Bear Montana,long bow,and shoot carbon arrow out of it.Not a very good shot with it,as I don't have a descent place to practice at my house.

I shoot & make Yew Stick Bows. I also teach a bow making workshop in the wintertime (too busy shooting in the Summer). I don't hunt... no problem with it, I'm just too busy with other stuff...but I do shoot local competitions like Oregon State Games and Sherwood - Nottingham Shoot... stuff like that.

Shoot Stright!
Eric

Got my archery elk for September in Hells Canyon. Got a packer lined up to take me in, got a sat-phone and two weeks of vacation. Hopefully I can harpoon a big'un.

I shot a bow for the first time this weekend (other than 'toys' when I was a kid) and man I am hooked. It was a compound bow--amazing how easy it was to get a good shot.
I definitely see the appeal of hunting this way.

I bought a used Hoyt on CL last winter and then bought my daughter a mini genesis at the local shop. We've had a great time shooting together! My wife is now getting interested too, and I'd really like to get her a bow for Christmas. We've been looking at the Diamond Edge and Mission Craze, but I'd rather find something used!:) Anyone out there have anything in the 23" draw length and 30+ lbs range?

Hoyt target bow, 4X scope, toxonics sight, target rest, love to shoot it, maybe one day I will actually figure out how to make it very accurate, as is it is only as good as any of my Mosins, lol.

Update: A few months back I started going down to Archer's Afield in Tigard. I got a lot of practice in and stopped being so rusty. I ended up having to get about 1/2 my arrows repaired in some way as age and weather had taken a toll on them. But after a few times I was able to sight in my bow for 20 and 30 yards to the point I could hit in the yellow every time like I used to.
I went every week for a little over a month, then money got a little tight with a baby on the way and the wife not working and an upcoming move.
I plan on getting more practice in once things settle down a bit, as I found I still love it and had no idea why I quit doing it a couple years ago in the first place. I'm just glad that I was full grown when I got my first bow even though I was pretty young then, so it still fits me and still runs as great as the day I got it. :D

Don't tell the PDX mayor... he thinks he's banned discharge of weapons within city limits, and he includes bows in that list :confused:

Nate

I bet there's a provision that excludes shooting ranges. Otherwise no shooting ranges would exist in Portland. On a side note, I used to shoot my bow and bb gun in my backyard range we setup with wood and hay bails when I was a kid in northeast Portland growing up,never had a problem, then again with the neighborhood none of my neighbors ever wanted to talk to police or talk to white people with weapons lol.

Glad I don't live in Portland anymore but I still disagree with their mayor as I go in every now and then.

Don't tell the PDX mayor... he thinks he's banned discharge of weapons within city limits, and he includes bows in that list :confused:

Nate

goo_380x330_767258a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads