JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is an adiquit amout of AR-15 magazines for one person. (Per person per AR-15 (.223/5.56))

• Total voters
Reactions
Ok like the title says....How many magazines is enough? I think I have 10 some people have 50. At what number do you think...."ok I am good" I may buy more but I feel good at that number.

Or other question...... How many is to manny (no such thing as too many)?

*What would you personally consider a "reasonable" amount Per person per AR-15 (.223/5.56)

Wow...good question and I don't have an answer.
When you factor in attrition and the always looming possibility of a ban it makes it tough to judge.
All I can say with certainty is that now is a good time to buy mags.
And don't buy junk.....good mags are cheap right now.

I figure I need 10 mags minimum per firearm. I have a range bag of mags per firearm. I tend to have a lot of Ak47 magazines because I dont get rid of them. I recently thought I needed more Ar mags but then I counted and have over 20... :D

I replied that you could never have enough.
I myself need none as I do not own a AR15 ... but I have carried one while in the service.
We had 7 as a basic load ... and at times that was plenty.
Other times 700 may still not have been enough.
Granted those times were at the extreme end of an example as I hope people never have to experience a firefight first hand.

Also I do not like idea of some arbitrary number for a limit of anything.
Buy what you want and enjoy.

Magazines can weaken over time and lead to failure.
With the threat of looming bans ... I'd suggest getting them while you can.
Andy

Last Edited:
How many I have has nothing to do with how many I think I need. It's entirely about how many I thought I could justify buying when they where on sale. I just snagged 50 Pmags for $6.60 each with free shipping. I bought 50 of the metal PSA mags when they where $6.99 with free shipping

What's with all these arbitrary questions and polls on the site lately? Does census taking have any affect on your opinion? Because it shouldn't. What does the polling actually ammount to? Nothing. Get whatever makes you happy, and move along. How many magazines do I keep per gun? None of your business. It's a non issue.

What's with all these arbitrary questions and polls on the site lately? Does census taking have any affect on your opinion? Because it shouldn't. What does the polling actually ammount to? Nothing. Get whatever makes you happy, and move along. How many magazines do I keep per gun? None of your business. It's a non issue.

The way the question/poll was framed makes it unanswerable.
Enough for whom? Me or you? Enough for going to the range?
Home defense post SHTF? Enough to form the nucleus of a Resistance unit a la Red Dawn? All different answers.
Get enough to make you happy enough and move on.

I agree.
I do not like the "having a need" rational to buy or own something.
Or the thought that someone else's number of whatever or their reasons / rational should be part of my buying or owning of anything
As long as you are a law abiding citizen , you should be able buy what you want or how many you want.

If you have a use for what you buy , then any "needs" are met.
Andy

Thankfully I live in a free state where you can have as many and as big of mags as you want

How many I have has nothing to do with how many I think I need. It's entirely about how many I thought I could justify buying when they where on sale. I just snagged 50 Pmags for $6.60 each with free shipping. I bought 50 of the metal PSA mags when they where $6.99 with free shipping

Then you will be elated to hear that I finally gave MagPul some love during the holiday season by ordering 10 P-Mags.... but that's it, I don't want to look like everyone else at the range.:eek::eek::eek::D:p

Don't forget, for safe and secure carriage of ALL your magazines on patrol, there's this!
High-Capacity-High-Waisted-Magazine-Holder-Dress.jpg :D:p :rolleyes:o_O Also doubles as expedient body armor and concealment (seriously, add some pine branches to that and you're gonna look like a gun owner's christmas tree LOL)

I ask myself one question about things like mags, "if they were to be banned tomorrow, would I be content with my current inventory?" I will let you know when the answer is an unequivocal YES!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top