JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After my Dad's Winchester Model 94, .30-30 came a low Serial Numbered Springfield 1903. It had already been "messed with" so I didn't feel bad turning it into a "one hole Group" Shooting Iron. So yes I'm a fan.

Just watched it a few nights ago. The mounts were those issued on Pattern 14 British sniper rifle, but the stock apparently had longer grasping grooves reminiscent of a 1917 stock (via IMFDB.com, I've never bothered to compare the stocks).

The 1917 Enfield sniper was designed with a number of scopes and mounts, but never with the ones seen in the movie.

I can pretty well guarantee it wasn't an 03a3. I'm rather familiar with those...

Last Edited:
If you want to see "some" of the Hollyweird stuff I'd suggest to take in one of the Vegas or Reno Shows. There are some collectors who CAN only Collect the stuff that can't/won't fire because of troubles in their past. And, some of the stuff is just crazy but that's Hollyweird!

For my lucky number 4000th post, I thought it appropriate to make it in my favorite thread.

I'm pretty sure I keep this thread on life support just by posting every month or so.

Either way, spending a night off from the thesis, so just sitting in the comfortable chair fondling an 03'...

3EB2F636-ACA4-45C6-B001-296795CD9034.jpeg

For my lucky number 4000th post, I thought it appropriate to make it in my favorite thread.

I'm pretty sure I keep this thread on life support just by posting every month or so.

Either way, spending a night off from the thesis, so just sitting in the comfortable chair fondling an 03'...

View attachment 403429
NOW that is a Heck of a way to waste an evening! I guess I'm a little GREEN with envy.:D:D:D

I have a 1920 production Springfield 1903 Mark I, re-barreled by the arsenal (with cartouche) in Dec 1942. Although my inventory is not very large, it's by far the most accurate rifle I own. I haven't played around with the sight adjustments much, but I had a 5-shot group in about 2.5" with the iron sights at 100 yards, though it was about 6" above the point of aim.

A Left Side.jpg B Right Side.jpg

She's pretty. I have two Mark 1 receivers. Neither were original when I got them. One is built into a target rifle, the other is being "restored" into a 1921 Ames Carbine. At some point I'll have to find an original one like that!

Seems appropriate to talk about these old war horses on Veteran's Day.

I am appreciative of the sacrifices made by those who served and sacrificed so that I could have the freedom to collect and shoot these old guns without being shot back at.

So today, I am fondling the 1903a4-gery.

0B0B44C3-B442-4384-9AB2-945ECC4C3D1E.jpeg

(for those of you who keep up with my misery, my masters thesis work is already done for the day)

Bear has several Mistress, there' the 1903 then there the 03A3 then.......................
All fine ladies, and while not the prettiest at the ball, still able to dance better then many of the younger ones!:D

Bear has several Mistress, there' the 1903 then there the 03A3 then.......................
All fine ladies, and while not the prettiest at the ball, still able to dance better then many of the younger ones!:D

My wife is aware of my "infidelities". She has financed some of them, and even allows them a room in the house...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top