JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1903-1.JPG 1903-2.JPG 1903-3.JPG 1903-4.JPG 1903-5.JPG

I just refuse to let this thread whither away and die.

Hopefully only a few shop sessions away from my 03a3 "tanker" model. 4" off the barrel (it was already clipped), 4" off the stock (again, no collector value on the stock I used).
It's a slow process when none of my already chopped barrels seem to want to cooperate. I don't use collectible, correct parts for toys like this.
Hopefully have a photo to share soon...

That reminds me, the video today on Forgotten Weapons was on the early, rod bayonet Springfield 1903.

The last time I was at our local gunsmith, he also had one of the low serial number rifles that he showed me as we got to yacking about various topics.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass the vid along in case it is of interest. Cheers.

That reminds me, the video today on Forgotten Weapons was on the early, rod bayonet Springfield 1903.

The last time I was at our local gunsmith, he also had one of the low serial number rifles that he showed me as we got to yacking about various topics.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass the vid along in case it is of interest. Cheers.

Thanks for sharing! I am a big fan of that channel. My 15 month old son and I watch it every day. He likes to fall asleep to gun videos.

We watched that video this morning. :)

Thanks for sharing! I am a big fan of that channel. My 15 month old son and I watch it every day. He likes to fall asleep to gun videos.

We watched that video this morning. :)

I don't watch much in the way of Youtube gun videos, but I do follow that particular channel pretty religiously. He covers an amazing assortment of firearms and related. :)

P.S. My son is just around the 16 month old zone. So, I reckon we both know the value of wee ones getting to sleep. :D

I don't watch much in the way of Youtube gun videos, but I do follow that particular channel pretty religiously. He covers an amazing assortment of firearms and related. :)

P.S. My son is just around the 16 month old zone. So, I reckon we both know the value of wee ones getting to sleep. :D

What's sleep? ;)

Yeah, my YouTube viewing is pretty well only with my son. We enjoy Ian and Karl on Forgotten Weapons as well as InRange. Occasionally hickock45 is entertaining as well. A few years and he'll start going to the range with Dad...

By then, I should have a nice collection of 1903's and 03a3's for him to shoot...

No, i don't need to, however it was dirty, i used limonene oil on it to clean and have to finish putting a solid coat of linseed oil on it before i build it back up.

It's waiting on the Garand assembly at the moment before i clean the barrelled action, then reassembly :)

Man, that Garand is startin to look Sexy! Keep up the good work! Just think, every thing you have learned can now be applied to your 03! Just think how that one is going to turn out! It's a sickness I tell ya, once you get good at it, you cant get enough of it! Next thing you find a nice K31 followed you home, then a Gewehr 43, then a Mauser, then, and then ,and then!!!!!!!It never ends, all those orphans that need lovin and you just cant let them sit there all rack rotted! Look at Poor Brother MtBear, he is positively sick with it!!! And I see you are gettin it bad now too!

I desperately want to take this course this year:

https://www.thunderranchinc.com/shop/courses/old-rifle-course-orc/

But I'm afraid I'd have to sacrifice several of my wood and steel babies to make it happen. By the time ammo, gas, hotel, food, and incidentals were paid for, it'd be a $2000 class.

But oh, how much fun to run three days of defensive rifle course with a 1903. Or an 03a3. Or a Garand. Or an m1 carbine.

If I had to choose it would likely get ran with an 03a3 with a Garand for backup.

We do something like the Urban Drill for Carbine down here, and it's a hugely successful class with a waiting list two miles long! Most every one is Former Mil and all the instructors are Former and Current Mil. It's a great way to get up to date skills and tactics, and is geared to Civilian Arms and tactics! I love the ideas of using "Old" rifles, as that's what many of us have and we recognize the AR isn't the be all/end all for serious work! There is much talk of adding in much of the WW-II type squad tactics and fire and maneuver drill as it applies specifically to these types of arms! I sure hope it takes off down here!

Found an ad while screwing around the other day. Now I have another rifle to build. Why? Because I can. But I'm running out of receivers.

Thankfully this one can be made from a bubba'd receiver. Have to love resurrection jobs!

IMG_1399.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads