JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nasty creatures. I don't know if it is still as bad but many years ago I was in San Francisco and the boat owners were taking a serious chance of mooring at Pier 39. I you tied off and left your boat it was going to be invaded by these things. I watched some people going back to their boat after having lunch or whatever and as they approached their boat the sea lions bailed out like ants out of a hole. Some of the docks were unusable as the sea lions had taken over and destroyed them.

When I first moved to Alaska in 1959, the gov't supplied all the 30-06 ammo we wanted to shoot sea lions. I remember one day a group of us used up over 1000 rounds in one outing, ---so much fun, such fond memories. (no, we didn't kill a thousand sea lions. They are hard to even hit in the water from a moving boat.)

it happened to me in the middle of my river right outside our boat landing, which is about a two our drive from the beach, in suburban oregon city, which i knew wasnt that uncommon but before they would just sit and beg like dogs at the fisherman marina in downtown oregon city, so, i was really pissed when a 35lbs salmon was hooked and we were fighting it, shifting our boat and having other boats move when a bigass seal comes in like a submarine and takes your dinner for the next week, and slaps it on the water and barking for twenty minutes. been there haha

it happened to me in the middle of my river right outside our boat landing, which is about a two our drive from the beach, in suburban oregon city, which i knew wasnt that uncommon but before they would just sit and beg like dogs at the fisherman marina in downtown oregon city, so, i was really pissed when a 35lbs salmon was hooked and we were fighting it, shifting our boat and having other boats move when a bigass seal comes in like a submarine and takes your dinner for the next week, and slaps it on the water and barking for twenty minutes. been there haha
My folks are the hosts at that park by the mcdonalds there and they said that is a very common occurrence in that area.Its almost like the sea lions wait for you to hook the fish then they attack!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top