JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Use a different FFL, one that follows the statutes not some ill conceived opinion that they are "safer" if the go beyond what the statutes require.

SafeFire in Camas will release at the 10 day point if the check has not come back. I've been told there are others in Clark CoI'll look into SafeFire.

Use a different FFL, one that follows the statutes not some ill conceived opinion that they are "safer" if the go beyond what the statutes require.

SafeFire in Camas will release at the 10 day point if the check has not come back. I've been told there are others in Clark County.
I'm using Americas Pawn because I've never had any problems, they are always very polite and nice and and it's just $35 for the transfer. One correction - not releasing a handgun after ten days does not constitute not following the statutes.

I may use SafeFire in the future.

I hear you, it is FRUSTRATING as all hell right now but, again sadly many gun owners did this to themselves and its only going to keep getting worse as more and more refuse to even try. Meanwhile every scum who should not have a gun can just buy anything they want any time they want. Then the same people making your sale a hassle make excuses for he scum when they are caught. :mad:
Well, I'm not one of those many gun owners. I'm a Second Amendment advocate. I organized the first Second Amendment March at the capital in Olympia in 2010.

And yeah, bad guys will continue to have no problems acquiring firearms.

Well, I'm not one of those many gun owners. I'm a Second Amendment advocate. I organized the first Second Amendment March at the capital in Olympia in 2010.

And yeah, bad guys will continue to have no problems acquiring firearms.
Several of the people here do make an effort. Sadly those of us who do still have to live with what a HUGE swath of gun owners do and don't do. We all have to end up living with it or move. One of those things that you just have to deal with. What bothers me far more than the freedom lovers who will not lift a finger is when they take their anger out on people who had zero to do with what is happening. You see a lot of them jumping up and down wanting to boycott any Co not willing to risk everything for people who will do nothing but complain. I will never give up either and I do hope a lot more will finally wake up and work with us. Sadly there seems to be no point at which a lot of them will wake the hell up though. Will not make me quit fighting either until the end.

... One correction - not releasing a handgun after ten days does not constitute not following the statutes.

I may use SafeFire in the future.
???

I think that holding the firearm longer than statutorily necessary is exactly "not following the statutes." Or am I missing something here?

No, the statue states they cannot release the firearm until 10 business days have passed, unless a clear BGC is received earlier.

If, after 10 business days, the dealer has not received a hold or denial, the firearm is free to be released. The dealer is under no obligation for anything if, after the fact, a denial is issued. A denial occurring after the 10-day period becomes an issue for local law enforcement. It's up to them to retrieve the firearm from the denied purchaser, using the information provided on the 4473 and any other data they possess to locate and identify the now denied purchaser. The dealer is totally out of that process.

Dealers that think they are "more protected" from miscreant governmental actions (of any type) by holding on to the gun longer are fooling themselves. If the State wants to come after them they have to have clear articulatable reasons to do so. Following the requirements of the statutes does not give them any leg to move against the dealer.

If fact, a case could be made that the dealer is illegally holding hostage someone else's property by not releasing it when the buyer has a right under the law to receive it, unless, before the purchase, the dealer gave notice to the buyer that it is their policy to hold it longer if they deem necessary. I don't know any dealers that are providing this notice to their customers prior to the sale.

No, the statue states they cannot release the firearm until 10 business days have passed, unless a clear BGC is received earlier.

If, after 10 business days, the dealer has not received a hold or denial, the firearm is free to be released. The dealer is under no obligation for anything if, after the fact, a denial is issued. A denial occurring after the 10-day period becomes an issue for local law enforcement. It's up to them to retrieve the firearm from the denied purchaser, using the information provided on the 4473 and any other data they possess to locate and identify the now denied purchaser. The dealer is totally out of that process.

Dealers that think they are "more protected" from miscreant governmental actions (of any type) by holding on to the gun longer are fooling themselves. If the State wants to come after them they have to have clear articulatable reasons to do so. Following the requirements of the statutes does not give them any leg to move against the dealer.

If fact, a case could be made that the dealer is illegally holding hostage someone else's property by not releasing it when the buyer has a right under the law to receive it, unless, before the purchase, the dealer gave notice to the buyer that it is their policy to hold it longer if they deem necessary. I don't know any dealers that are providing this notice to their customers prior to the sale.
Well for one several FFL's do not see it this way. They are scared of our AG. A LOT of people tell them they are full of it but I guess its easy for them to tell others this since if they are wrong they feel no pain. So they can keep telling dealers they are wrong. Your "expertise" at this so far is not changing the minds of the people who have everything to lose if they take your expert legal advice on this.

I have also heard many saying the FFL is doing something illegal here by not letting the gun walk yet amazingly no law agency seems to agree with this. Amazing that none seem interested in this if its true. As much as our AG makes clear his hatred of guns you would think he would be all over this.

As for no dealers telling customers I do know at least two dealers who do make this very clear before they take the money. ALL of them "should" in my view but, I am not holding an FFL. The way I look at this is more people who want to own a gun should be paying a LOT more attention to what is being done to them by law makers instead of wishing harm on FFL's who had nothing to do with the inane things our law makers do.

As we keep seeing for many years now more gun laws are passed. Often it takes years for many gun owners to ever find out new laws went in and boy are they mad. Funny how they are never mad at the law makers they helped put in office though. Rather they are mad at business owners who will not fix the mess they made by staying in the dark about what was going on. So once again its all "some else's fault" :s0092:

In my experience , it's mostly how fR backlogged your local cop shops are whrn running the background checks.

My local gunshop i use is also experiencing longer wait times as well lately. People are buying guns daily with everything going on in Olympia with the anti gun bills they are trying to get passed again us law abiding citizens, so it's putting the background checks further behind the more NICS that get stacked up.

In my experience , it's mostly how fR backlogged your local cop shops are whrn running the background checks.

My local gunshop i use is also experiencing longer wait times as well lately. People are buying guns daily with everything going on in Olympia with the anti gun bills they are trying to get passed again us law abiding citizens, so it's putting the background checks further behind the more NICS that get stacked up.
The problem here in WA the OP is talking about is at the State level. When you buy a hand gun here they run you with the NICS and that normally is very fast. If there is any delay its normally the weekend. The hold up is now it goes to the state. Dept of Health has to sign off that you have not been found to have a screw loose lately, then the courts have to sign off that no one has taken out a protective order on you, and seems like there is another one in there I can't remember now. Anyway all these have to sign off then your CLEO signs off. This is where the huge hold ups often come in. We for a long time got the state part waved if we had a Permit but that was because the Feds were helping. They kept telling WA law makers they needed to come up with something of their own along the lines of what OR has. WA law makers of course ignored this since they had no reason to care. Fed's finally told them no more. That was what brought in the long wait times. The way the current crop of law makers we have are set up they are NOT going to change this. So unless we have an election where a bunch of them get kicked to the curb this will not get better here.

I purchased a handgun and filled out the paperwork on the morning of March 8 in Vancouver, WA.

Still waiting.

What are the wait times that you guys are experiencing?
Well, I can go buy one tomorrow at 9am, then another at 9:10, 9:20, 9:40, 10:00….etc. etc. that's just because I'm slow and they keep changing the 4473 questions to try and trick everyone.
Sorry you guys live in a communist state! 🤠

Well, I can go buy one tomorrow at 9am, then another at 9:10, 9:20, 9:40, 10:00….etc. etc. that's just because I'm slow and they keep changing the 4473 questions to try and trick everyone.
Sorry you guys live in a communist state! 🤠
Remember one IMPORTANT thing. These states were just like that a short time ago. Gun owners kept their head in the sand as the laws slowly changed. So remember to tell all you know to stay informed or soon your state will follow right along. You have a LOT of people moving there trying real hard to turn it into the sewer they left.

Remember one IMPORTANT thing. These states were just like that a short time ago. Gun owners kept their head in the sand as the laws slowly changed. So remember to tell all you know to stay informed or soon your state will follow right along. You have a LOT of people moving there trying real hard to turn it into the sewer they left.
Oh, I'm VERY aware! Californian's are doing their best to try and ruin the state. We still have a governor that's pro 2A but there's a lot of woke local politicians trying their best to get a foothold. My daughter took our grandkids out of public school this year due to the jokers making decisions.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top