JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
anyone recently get their SBR tax stamp?
I sent mine off early December; ATF Cashed my check 6 days later. Is that typical, then a 2 month wait?
Thanx,

Thanks.
I found a good thread on M4carbine where folks are posting the date mailed, date the check was cashed, date rec'd...not encouraging, but I guess I should have my stamp once spring hits.

I think that the NFA examiners have a "GOD" complex. Im sure they have a data base that they run all our information through and as items are found they have a "score" card that basically gives the examiner an idea of how deep they will have to have the FBI dig into your past.

Keep in mind the weight these people carry, as they have to decide whether to allow a person the legal right to own and use an automatic weapon or a silencer. These people make these decisions based off records and pass judgment based off their findings, without even seeing you. At least a jury has to look at you when they pass judgment.

I can imagine most of these examiners go home pissed that they live in WV or Atlanta and either pat themselves on the back for doing a service to the general public for making you wait 120 plus days for an item you paid for and paid the government to use -OR- they don't watch the news in hoping they don't recognize the names of people whom they granted a tax stamp to who went on a shooting spree.

Either way the NFA is a bureaucratic nightmare that needs to be streamlined into regions like the rest of government entity's. But I guess that would create even more layers to the bureaucracy.

Long story short the government (AKA Big Brother) already knows every thing about you. By signing Form 4's you give the government complete access to your life past and present. Most are OK with this idea as most law abiding citizens should be. However, I on the other hand feel I have given to much to the government already in blood and treasure (Veteran and tax payer).

So while I go to the range and see the "Gear Queer" "Range Rambo's" practice shooting at paper target's with their machine guns blow through ammo like it's free, talking a great game of shooting first and asking questions later. Heck most of these fools have no concept of taking a life or what that means for that matter. For me I will smile to know that while they are good at shooting things that don't shoot back they can enjoy their false sense of security in metal.

But, I digress... I will do the inevitable and save someone the trouble and say I'm an idiot. The NFA is doing a great job, go team BATFE NFA Branch! (Thick Sarcasm)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top