JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The rechambered factory barrels cost more then an aftermarket barrel.

They shouldn't, I think RFC charges under $100 to cut a new chamber. I did mine for the cost of the reamer. It's a straight forward operation on a lathe, basic machining.

The stock Ruger barrel are really very good, they just have a generous chamber so it well eat any ammo you may toss at it. Do the modified Bentz chamber and a Ruger barrel can easily get sub moa groups. You just have to be picky about what ammo you shoot.

The after market manufacturers serve a lot of kool aid. They want you to believe that you need all the after market goodies in order to shoot sub moa groups, not so. Some basic gunsmithing skills should get a stock 10/22 to near moa with out any expense. Add $100 to the budget and easy sub moa.

You can buy a good aftermarket barrel for around $100. Yes, there are ones that cost more, but there are plenty of them out there that are a bargain. The only advantage I see to rechambering the factory barrel is keeping the "stealth" look. It isn't really saving you any money.

You can buy a good aftermarket barrel for around $100. Yes, there are ones that cost more, but there are plenty of them out there that are a bargain. The only advantage I see to rechambering the factory barrel is keeping the "stealth" look. It isn't really saving you any money.

Clerke fluted heavy barrels can be bought for less than $100

You can get an aftermarket barrel with a sporter profile. Some of them are fluted as well. They should weigh pretty close or less then a factory barrel. There are also some with open sights.

The only advantage I see to rechambering the factory barrel is keeping the "stealth" look. It isn't really saving you any money.

+1
You can keep a totally original look and have sub moa accuracy. I did the chamber on my International model and with a added peep sight can shoot near moa. It allows me to have fun with other 10/22 shooters:D

international02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Clerke fluted heavy barrels can be bought for less than $100

Links please?

I know that some factory barrels are better than others. One barrel I was severely disappointed with, whereas another one I was picking off shotgun hulls with open sights at 50-70yds.

I do like the OEM look and I smile to myself when shooting and others are like..."that's a 10/22..I thought those weren't very accurate unless you spent 3x it's cost?"

Weaponkraft buffers are great.

One's I've used are polyurethane and have been pretty well indestructible. Used it in a 17M2 conversion too. I think it was called a Yellowjacket IIRC.
I like 'em. It is interesting about the poa change. I wonder if your bolt spring is worn?

Links please?

I know that some factory barrels are better than others. One barrel I was severely disappointed with, whereas another one I was picking off shotgun hulls with open sights at 50-70yds.

I do like the OEM look and I smile to myself when shooting and others are like..."that's a 10/22..I thought those weren't very accurate unless you spent 3x it's cost?"

Weaponkraft buffers are great.

PM me, I'll sell you one

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews