JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So long story short, I'm slowly getting peeved. I've gotten the long end of everything recently when it comes to the realm of NFA.

I'm usually a fairly patient person, and lately I've just lost all reasons to give AF.

So I got my 1st form one back in July I think.

I brought it to a local outfitter to have threaded and cut back shorter.

They estimated 3-4 weeks turn around.

I brought it to them on August 3rd.

Tomorrow marks 12 weeks, almost 3 months. About 3/4ths the wait it took to get the SBR approved.

I called and emailed at around the two month mark and have not gotten a return response or any updates on the item.

So my question is, how long do you wait before getting throughly pissed off and demanding the business actually do the job you paid for so many months ago?

I'm an old fart, so I've learned to just start out peeved....
....that way I'm either not disappointed, or pleasantly surprised.

If a 3-4 week job turns into a 12 week Ignor-a-thon?...by the end of week 5 I'd have sicked the Mrs. on 'em.:mad:

My buddy waited for a shop to thread and weld a brake. Waited almost a year. He finally went in and got his gun back, unserviced. I personally wouldn't wait longer than agreed on and then PU the item and head elsewhere.
I would have gotten peeved way before that:D

I would go pick up your stuff and demand your money back!! Nothing is more frustrating than someone not having good customer service.

I personally would like to know who the shop is so I don't ever take any of my stuff to them.

They answered the phone today!

She apologized and said it's on the priority list.

So hopefully I'll get it back next week.

I'll put a review in on their portion of NWFA when I get it back and link that here.

I don't like name calling right out the get go for fear the company won't perform the services to the topmost quality.

I get it you guys want to know.

I'll update here if I do or don't get it back next week.

I don't like the chances of pissing off a company when my rifle is in there hands.

"I brought it to a local outfitter to have threaded and cut back shorter.
They estimated 3-4 weeks turn around.
I called and emailed at around the two month mark and have not gotten a return response or any updates on the item."

To answer your question-----if they are indeed local, I would be stopping by to "say hi" pretty much every time
I was near them, starting at week 5.

I suspect I've been to the same shop... I tried to use one a couple years ago that had a backlog so long that after 2 months I just went and retrieved my barrel, which was sitting in the exact spot I'd left it originally.

I think it would be a Service to the Forum to have a Feedback thread for things like this. It's truly unfortunate that "Tarring and Feathering" is currently out of fashion!

I'm assuming this shop has member(s) here?
If so, I can see your concern about naming them before getting your stuff back! If not, then you should name and shame, some of us might be shopping for work to be done, and need to know before we commit!

Well it is Friday and I haven't heard anything back.

I'm done, I'll be picking up wy rifle work completed or not today.

For those that asked before.

This shop is Tornado Technologies in Hillsboro.

I will never use them again, and or recommend them to anyone.

@Velzey i apologize for not going to you first, if this is incomplete you will be getting my CX4 as well as another to cut and thread.

From here on forward @Velzey gets all my work!

Just for poops and giggles, I found their username, it looks like they haven't posted here in a while.

@Tornado-Technologies care to say anything?

A past member here once remarked about this exact same issue with Tornado Technologies some years ago.
His answer for this problem was for the company to raise their prices high enough, so that the workload drops to a manageable turn around time to make the customers happy, who in turn are willing to pay the extra money.

A past member here once remarked about this exact same issue with Tornado Technologies some years ago.
His answer for this problem was for the company to raise their prices high enough, so that the workload drops to a manageable turn around time to make the customers happy, who in turn are willing to pay the extra money.

Yep, this is the same outfit I had my own experience with mentioned above. All I can say is they (he?) must do absolutely amazing work to keep any customers at all. At the time I was thinking they should hire another machinist or two - it looked like they had some idle machines when I was there during the day.

I stopped into the shop unannounced at 12:30ish today.

The work was still not complete.

I had every intention of taking it back and getting a refund.

They said the would start on it right that moment and have it completely finished today in a few hours.

Came back around 2:30ish and picked it up complete.

Work looks good. Three lug was timed as requested and loctited.

At this point. I stand by my review, and can not recommend anyone to them for threading services unless they drastically change their customer services. If they could complete the work as easy as it was today, I'm completely lost to why they could not have the months prior.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top