JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Defeatists ? I don't know what your secret is but please share your solution .
I've called and emailed. It worked then but we had pro gun Democrats that helped us out.
What do you see now...... We should have had the votes to kick out that POS Governor and merkley to the curb. But that didn't happen . did you look at the numbers . it wasn't even close.
The point I'm making is you better have a plan B . because voting in pro gun candidates looks like a thing of the past.

Oregon Gun Owners must be on 24-7 Guard It has not been an overnight process that has fouled the water.
The Globalist Marxist Slave masters will be coming to corrupt government here also.
The way of the democrat, = the ways of Stalin to Khrushchev
The serious slide to hell began in 1963 and went full steam in 1968................
In 2008 this country elected a Marxist/Communist/Islamist to the Presidency.
You could not do that in a Movie.................:mad:
Be ready to fight or suffer what Washington just had happen.

Last Edited:
I never thought this could have happened in Oregon or Washington. I thought there would be enough gun owning dems along with republicans to block this.
After sandy hook they found the blueprint.
IMO Washington will be looking at registration very soon. Just like new york and connecticut.
Thats what they did their .

This is worse than any natural disasters I can think of. You can always rebuild you home and community.
This will put the whole west coast off limits.

With the influx of Californian Liberals the last 30-40 years, Oregon & WA are just labeled as way north California. I have a disdain for Californians as a whole but understand that those like minded 2A citizens needed to flee that southern cesspool. A lot of the liberals too fled and are making our lives up here so much a living HELL that I see a W. C. revolution brewing folks...

The Oregon House is 35/25 Dem and the Oregon Senate is 17/13 Dem, which means we're hosed. Look for it in the next legislative session with an "Emergency" clause to take effect within weeks of passage.
You said exactly what I was going to say. With a rabid anti gun anti freedom monopoly in Oregon we will see this same kind of law within a year. And I'm betting the legislature and the govoner will pass a law giving drivers cards to illegals within a year. Mark my words.

I never thought this could have happened in Oregon or Washington. I thought there would be enough gun owning dems along with republicans to block this.
After sandy hook they found the blueprint.
IMO Washington will be looking at registration very soon. Just like new york and connecticut.
Thats what they did their .

The gutless "gun owning Liberals" up here tucked tail on the 2A, it's as simple as that!!! They would rather have "SOME" gun laws as opposed to doing the right thing and targeting the actual cause of gun violence, CRIMINALS & THE MENTALLY ILL!!!!!
I also believe that social networking and Kids are a ticking time bomb, just like the shooting in Marysville, the kids was so distraught about a girl that he went insane. Why didn't his friends pick up on that and get him some help???? Nothing in this 594 garbage will help stop this douchery!!!

Biker Bro, to your point that it is inevitable I would point out that WA has approximately 3.9 million voters with I-594 getting 725,000 votes with 489,000 no votes. Doing some research it appears that gun ownership runs about 33% (those that actually answer yes on phone survey) so if you take that figure and extrapolate from voters you get a little over 1.2 million gun owners. So the key to this is getting out the gun vote if there is a ballot measure.

From a legislative view me might very well be screwed but we might peel off some of the Democrats that aren't in the Portland/Eugene area. We are going to have to be organized and be ready to exploit some of the hidden clauses in whatever legislation is presented. It is going to be difficult but not impossible.

Well, unrelated to this rediculousness, we will be moving from WA to OR in a few weeks here, so you will have at least two more votes to fight it when it comes your way.

I think the biggest thing that lead to this was the lies and misrepresentations of I-594 that people just believed. Low information voters are the problem. Every liberal gun owner that I talked to was for background checks for purchases, so they were going to vote for 594. Once I told them all of the other stuff that it did they said "that's rediculous. I don't want that!" and voted against it.

I agree we need to get it together . I don't want to throw in the towle and move but I sure as hell don't intend to live in Calif. North.
The problem I see is getting the vote out.
Many Democrats will not support anyone but a Dem.

I've called and emailed. It worked then but we had pro gun Democrats that helped us out.
What do you see now...... We should have had the votes to kick out that POS Governor and merkley to the curb. But that didn't happen . did you look at the numbers . it wasn't even close.
The point I'm making is you better have a plan B . because voting in pro gun candidates looks like a thing of the past.
Even if you could get the Libertarian and other non-dem voters it wouldn't have helped much. The ONLY hope is to get the non-voters involved and convince the minor party voters to quit dreaming!

Well for starters not acting as though defeat is already a foregone conclusion. Give up here and now and odds aren't bad that we'll have to do it again someday and then again and again until we have nowhere left to retreat to.

Like I said in my original post I have 8 to 9 years before I can retire. I'm sure whatever going to happen will happen long before then.
I've not missed casting my vote since 88.
I can assure you I will vote in any election that comes up .
If this state goes the way of California ( and I don't see how you can be so sure it won't) I wanted to know what your / everyones plans would be.
That was the point of this post. No different than any other SHTF scenario.

If there's one thing the Bagwan taught us, it's the legal way to stuff the ballot box.

Instead of moving out, get more 2A folks to move in, particularly in those districts that considered 'safe' for liberals. Then, vote 'em out.

If this state goes the way of California ( and I don't see how you can be so sure it won't) I wanted to know what your / everyones plans would be.

That was the point of this post. No different than any other SHTF scenario.

I'm stuck here for awhile. I'll follow the new laws I suppose. Hand in my magazines and buy the limited capacity ones or switch to a revolver and a bolt action rifle when forced to by my Nanny State masters.

I'm working on a sort of long term plan of getting a vacation home in a solid Red State. That would be one foot out of Unicorn/Rainbow land anyway!

My advise for Oregonians is to get grandfathered in on any form 1's & 4's as many you can afford right now.
The ATF is already looking at Gun Trusts with the evil eye. Buy now or forget it later on.

Biker Bo, what State/City are you thinking of escaping to when you get your chance?
Extreme heat and Cold seem to go hand in hand with a lot of Conservative States.
I was looking at Idaho, Maybe the Florida Panhandle but that State is a gamble on gun rights lately I'm thinking.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top