JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My last trip to Russia and the Ukraine was pretty eye opening to say the least. Violent crime resulting in injury requiring hospitalization is astounding, its very common place, and at some point every person living there will be effected. Murder rates are not as high as other countries, but way higher then the U.S. Most common weapon used is a knife, second is a club of some sort, and ice picks rank up there pretty high. Hammers are used quite a bit, but the most shocking fact was the amount of hand to hand, They really like going old school natural with fists and feet!!! Yea, we got it pretty good here at home!

. Hammers are used quite a bit, but the most shocking fact was the amount of hand to hand, They really like going old school natural with fists and feet!!! Yea, we got it pretty good here at home!

That is how the "law of the jungle" works; the big, strong, young, violent, element will prey/intimidate the weaker, older, less aggressive population....
...unless that prey is endowed by it's creator with the human right of equality and become citizens not subjects.

Last Edited:
I can't find it now, but in the past week or so, I saw that he murder rate in Mexico is about 3rd on the planet. Behind places which are war zones. Not sure how you measure murder rate in an area like Syria.

Mexico Is World's Second Most Violent Country, Report Says

----

In the chart shared, VIOLENCE DEATH RATE BY COUNTRY

I wonder how many of the Violence related deaths would not occur if that act was in the USA, or other first world nation? El Salvador has how many ambulances/hospitals/short wait for care -vs- even Chicago or Baltimore? There is a lot of violence in nations that have the Queen - they just don't result in deaths. Number one item used for violence in Scotland? - Beer mug/stein.

It is a complex issue.
Mexico and the countries south America are war zones you just don't hear it from the media

Mexico and the countries south America are war zones you just don't hear it from the media
They likely don't include drug cartels. Not necessarily for no reason either, keep in mind cocaine's known as a rich man's drug. While I don't think the people in the media themselves do it, there are probably rich folk who do and its not advisable to paint specific rich people in a negative light unless you intend to get fired or something.

I thought the article in the OP to be arrogant and very heavy on the "I know better than you 'cause..."
I also have lived over seas and knew folks who both liked and dislike guns , not to forget to mention America or Americans.
As for me and me alone ... My time abroad was enriching and showed me just how much I love America...the ideas of what she is , can become , how we envision her and how she really is warts and all.
Andy

@AndyinEverson, you say arrogant, I say it reads like some people I know from Seattle moved out of the country when Trump (or Bush Jr.) was elected, and they brought their attitudes with them. Sure, it may work for them. From my perspective and the hell-holes I've lived in, their heads are stuck in a dark place.
The arrogance to me is "what is good for them is what is good for everybody." Um, OK. NOT!

Yeabut , My good is better for everybody! :eek::p:D
Just kidding!
That said , those who think for real , like my smartazz remark , are indeed a PITA !
Andy

@AndyinEverson, you say arrogant, I say it reads like some people I know from Seattle moved out of the country when Trump (or Bush Jr.) was elected, and they brought their attitudes with them. Sure, it may work for them. From my perspective and the hell-holes I've lived in, their heads are stuck in a dark place.
The arrogance to me is "what is good for them is what is good for everybody." Um, OK. NOT!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top